From one band to another!

Concrete Pete

Hey Crew,

I'm sure you all probably read the thread about my leaving the "Loose Change" band--it was for the better, I can surely say.

Well, tonight was my audition with a band called "The Long Road" in Chico, CA. tonight, and despite a few challenges I've been dealing with, (it's been REAL cold in my garage to practice lately, my dad is in I.C.U. right now with pneumonia, and is 92 years old) I've been fighting a cold for more than a week, and dealing with vehicle troubles with my truck and Jeep- (all really expensive ones-ugh!), and other mind-boggling stuff, seems I'm the new drummer for Long Road!

WOOOO HOOOO!

Case in point- NEVER get discouraged, NEVER give up, and ALWAYS strive to be better at what you do--it always pays off tenfold+. When a door slams on your ass, a brand new door (to a better place) opens right up.

Rock forever,
C. P.

Your name should be Dynamo Pete :) Always moving and shaking. If I had half your energy they'd have to strap me down.

Sounds like a tough time for you, though. As a matter of interest it was 41C here today. Happy to lend you 20 of our degrees to warm you up!

Nice one CP. What sort of stuff do they / you play? With you on the parent thing. I'm working through the same challenges but with both parents at the same time. Great to have something positive to focus on when all around you is falling apart. Keep a 1 finger up to the challenges approach, and you won't go far wrong.

Geez Pete, congratulations and sympathies...Keep it up, you are an inspiration.

Hey Crew,

Both my PC's bit the dust (shared Trojan...) a couple days ago, now I'm back online.(with both)

Thanks for the praise and kudos (I'm NOT WORTHY! wink!) --One more reason why I love this site--all great and positive people here!

Great news- my dad is out of intensive care, has been improving quickly, and will be home sometime tomorrow--WWWWOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! Thanks for all the support and good wishes. He'll be back drumming in NO TIME!

About my new band--really great guys, no ego B.S., really close camaraderie, pro-minded-but-understanding. I think I've found the perfect band for me.

I have to say one thing- it was hard to leave one band, not knowing that another was right around the corner, (I was "lucky", if you believe in luck- I don't) just goes to show that perserverence is a reward in itself.

Rock forever,
C. P.

Let me know if you are playing around Sac anytime soon, I will come check you out. If nothing else youu can have my $5 (or whatever the cover is).

Hey Crew,

I'm sure you all probably read the thread about my leaving the "Loose Change" band--it was for the better, I can surely say.

Well, tonight was my audition with a band called "The Long Road" in Chico, CA. tonight, and despite a few challenges I've been dealing with, (it's been REAL cold in my garage to practice lately, my dad is in I.C.U. right now with pneumonia, and is 92 years old) I've been fighting a cold for more than a week, and dealing with vehicle troubles with my truck and Jeep- (all really expensive ones-ugh!), and other mind-boggling stuff, seems I'm the new drummer for Long Road!

WOOOO HOOOO!

Case in point- NEVER get discouraged, NEVER give up, and ALWAYS strive to be better at what you do--it always pays off tenfold+. When a door slams on your ass, a brand new door (to a better place) opens right up.

Rock forever,
C. P.

This is inspiring! I shall not be discouraged anytime soon. I am really glad to read about your dad a few replies up from this, I hope all of us keep drumming to the age of 92! what a legend. Congrats with the new band, post up some recordings or videos when you get some! Can't wait to hear what you're cooking up with em.

A must say that's a pretty inspirational little anecdote. Best wishes to your father and all in your future with your new band!

Hey Crew,

Thanks again for all the support and well-wishes. Talked to my Dad tonight, and he's recovering REALLY well.

More good news- my "Country" band re-formed, and is now turning into a "boogie and blues" band. YEAH BABY!
We had a rehearsal tonight, and our new guitarist/singer/fiddle player/bassist is a real ringer, with great attitude, and the chops to match.

Funny thing about being a drummer or musician-- you NEVER know what will happen next, or what the next step up will be. I guess that just adds to the mystery, excitement, and challenge. Cool!
Life sure is good sometimes....

Cheers,
C. P.

Back