New Forum Idea

andSometimesY

I think that there should be a forum dedicated to transcriptions. I find that I am often looking for transcriptions (or their links) that I have previously seen on this board but can't find again. It would be a place to post transcriptions that you have done and/or request transcriptions that you would like to see. The demand for this might not be great enough to warrant a whole forum, but it would be cool to see something like that happen (maybe if there were a couple related things to throw in there too).

I think that there should be a forum dedicated to transcriptions. I find that I am often looking for transcriptions (or their links) that I have previously seen on this board but can't find again. It would be a place to post transcriptions that you have done and/or request transcriptions that you would like to see. The demand for this might not be great enough to warrant a whole forum, but it would be cool to see something like that happen (maybe if there were a couple related things to throw in there too).

I'd love a forum dedicated to transcriptions. I download everything I can find. I'd even transcribe things. I promise!

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a couple days. I'm glad you guys think it's a good idea though! I don't know how we would go about it. I think we would need an administrator to like the idea enough to do something, though, right?

P.S. I like the sub-topic ideas!

I really hope we get the new forum but I do see one potential problem. Contribution. All of the hard work and effort might be put forth by the same group of people consistently. Not everybody has transcription software. I think people without it could transcribe it by hand and scan the image or something (I always transcribe by hand).

Even if we could just collect everything that has already been transcribed on this site in to one forum, it would be better than nothing.

Check Koromov's thread (don't know if that's how you spell his screen name) and Terry B's posts and threads for great transcriptions. Also see the drum clinic on the website.

Back