This is a first

MK636

Tuesday night after our practice, we open the door to our storage unit and there is a guy laying on the ground who was just shot in the back. It must have happened during our last song because we didn't hear the shot. Happened at 9:30PM and after all the detectives questioning everyone, got home at 12:30 AM. In the process of looking for a new place to rehearse.

http://wavy.com/2017/05/02/virginia-beach-boulevard-shooting/

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/man-found-shot-at-storage-facility-in-va-beach/436210243

Holy crap man. And you never heard anything. Silencer? Gun shots are pretty fn loud. Why do you have to find a new place? That could happen anywhere and the chances of it happening again there seem slim. I guess you guys will have to go to court now and make a statement?

Holy crap man. And you never heard anything. Silencer? Gun shots are pretty fn loud. Why do you have to find a new place? That could happen anywhere and the chances of it happening again there seem slim. I guess you guys will have to go to court now and make a statement?

The place has always been sketchy. People are running businesses out of there and I'm pretty sure some people are living there. Didn't hear a thing. It's pretty loud when we are playing. I'm hoping we don't have to go to court, but you never know.

The place has always been sketchy. People are running businesses out of there and I'm pretty sure some people are living there. Didn't hear a thing. It's pretty loud when we are playing. I'm hoping we don't have to go to court, but you never know.

If you gave your statement and saw nothing then you will not be summoned. At that point you offer no relevant information. But you may be questioned again if they find a suspect. They will ask if you saw him, or his car or anything. If it turns out you did, then maybe you end up testifying, but even that is doubtful.

SCARY!

Think of a loud Rimshot. Now add bass, guitars, cymbals, You could fire a machine gun at my bands jam and I wouldn't hear it. Maybe I'd think a drum trigger messed up.

Time for a new spot. Jam should be fun, and you should feel safe walking to your car, hauling gear etc.

I used to jam in a sketchy spot, almost got jumped a few times, half expected my gear to be missing every time I got there. Was below freezing in the winter (nightmare for drum heads breaking) boiling in the summer.

Now we jam in my house and its a dream come true, just not for the wife. haha

Well, I'm glad that you and your band mates are safe.

I hate this for that guy though.

Those storage facilities are weird sometimes. The ones that let bands practice in them also tend to have lots of immigrant families living there, drug meetups, etc... On the other hand, the cleaner and more put together facilities don't allow music...

Your band practices in a storage facility???? Are there no rehearsal facilities nearby?

That is some crazy dangerous action right there. Be careful.

Your band practices in a storage facility???? Are there no rehearsal facilities nearby?

That is some crazy dangerous action right there. Be careful.

In a lot of areas the actual practice facilities are both booked with years of waiting lists, or very expensive.

SCARY!

Think of a loud Rimshot. Now add bass, guitars, cymbals, You could fire a machine gun at my bands jam and I wouldn't hear it. Maybe I'd think a drum trigger messed up.

You would hear it.

I shoot all the time.
There's no mistaking how loud it is.

The victim could have ended up there after running away.

It's not good for a person to be in the vicinity of mischief without their own "fire extinguisher".

I think what I recommend for this is you could ask the storage unit owner's about putting a security camera or two in front of the door so that you could look for any suspicious activity.

Back