any good, cheap bass drum heads?

i've been looking into the EMAD2 for batter and EQ3 for resonant, but they're both about 50 bucks each on musicians friend (thats without taxes and shipping). ive tried the local music shop, but since theres no competition, they have the same heads for 70 bucks each.

so im looking for decent heads that are less than that to replace my stock heads i STILL have on my bass drum. any help is good help :)

some people leave the reso head untouched wen they get a kit. What kind of kit do you have? I'd focus on getting a new bass drum batter head if you already haven't done so yet. I highly reccommend the aquarian super kick 1.

the kit i have is a Pulse Percussion (i think. apperantly, the last owner went postal on the set before selling it). im looking for a really punchy sound, does the aquarian super kick 1 give that?

look on craig's list or ebay. I got 5 barely used 24" remo bass drum heads for 40$ off of craig's list a couple of times. I also found a coated pinstripe on ebay for 10$, brand new. The Superkick 2 will give you a punchier sound. The Remo powerstoke 4 is also super punchy, and cheaper than those other 2.

I got some super punchy sounds out of my kick with my superkick 1, but I think the beater has a huge effect on wether or not your kick is punching. I use wood beaters and they give a punchy sound, where as when I use the fluffy yamaha beaters, they give the punch but the sound is more round and open.

Check Craigslist as well...I got 3 brand spankin' new 24" Powerstroke 3s for $30.

And that's the pits about your music stores. You sure they're not just tagging them at retail and lowering the price at the register? That's what we do at Don's.

Check Craigslist as well...I got 3 brand spankin' new 24" Powerstroke 3s for $30.

And that's the pits about your music stores. You sure they're not just tagging them at retail and lowering the price at the register? That's what we do at Don's.

i wish. i spent 90 dollars replacing my snare heads and the snare strand. and i dont know how often the heads get put up on craigslist, but ive checked about every day for the past couple months within 5 hours of where i live and i havent seen an individual drum head go on yet : /

attack heads are cheap and really good heads ( terry bozzio uses them )
I don't know in your country but in mine rmv heads are really cheap and they are very good heads also , I have remo in my toms but rmv in the snare and now I 'm going to start buying only rmv heads

1-ply heads (Remo Ambassador, Evans G1, etc.) tend to be a little cheaper than pre-muffled heads such as the EMAD or Powerstroke 3. If you're going to just stuff a pillow in the drum anyway, you probably don't need a pre-muffled head.

Back