Rare Find?

Drummerforu

Hi guys, I came across this black beauty for sale, but I don't know much about it. He's selling it for $550, but it's OBO. Is this average price, to much or a good deal? I've been wanting to buy a black beauty for a while, and I finally have a little money to do so. My problem with this one is the NSMD engraving. Will this hurt the value?

Attachments

• blackbeauty.jpg
    blackbeauty.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 402
That price seems to be about average-- search completed listings (under advanced search) on eBay and you'll see what those drums are actually selling for-- mostly between $400-750. If you don't like the engraving, wait around for a drum you do like-- one will certainly come up for the same money.

I'm fairly certain John Aldridge did do the engraving,because of his affiliation with Not So Modern Drummer magazine and website.John is one of the very few,who engrave BB's and other metal shelled drums,such as a limited run of Tama Trackmasters.

His engraved drums are done on a custom one of,or very limited basis.

The engraving by John in my opinion, would increase the value of the drum if he would provide documentation to prove provenance.Beautiful drum,good luck.

Steve B

I believe that's Not So Modern Drummer's new snare, and no, I wouldn't think it's a seamless brass shell (a la the Black Beauty.)

Bermuda

that snare is about 30 minutes from me. i'm well known around this town (as well as l.a. and o.c.) for working in the music biz and as a buyer/seller. i know most people who sell drum stuff on cl but i don't reconize his number.

i think its a older snare based on the clear nickelworks throw off. from what nickelworks told me in the past, they don't make the clear throw off's anymore.

Back