Sell whole, or part it out?

THC

I'm trying to sell a 7 pc Pearl kit and I am looking for some advice. Here's a link to the add.

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/2169347709.html

I'm getting emails from people wanting to buy pieces. So far just the Zildjians.

I'm having a time deciding whether I should hold out until I can sell it all in one shot, or start piecing it out, in which case I could end up with some loose ends. I'd also have to figure out a price and list each piece.

This is my first kit selling. You guys have way more experience with this than me, so I'm wondering:what your thoughts are.

Also, if you do look at my add, can you tell me if I'm on target with my price?

Thanks DW

Part it out. You'll never get out of a new kit (what was a new kit) what you put into it. That's why, so many of us keep saying "buy used", to start with.​
You got buyers for the cymbals? Sell 'em.​
eBay the hardware, and the drums, piece by piece, will bring you the most cash.​

Thanks. I was expecting to hear the opposite.

I wouldn't mind parting it out. I can do ebay and Craigslist. On CL, would you recommend doing bulk ads listing the stuff in small bundles with individual prices listed; or go more with an ebay style listing every part seperately in its own ad?

btw, nice bike harry. I ride myself. Have an '01 Bandit 1200 right now. Need to sell that in the spring too.
Thanks again

Just put it up on ebay piece by piece. You will have a world wide audience.

I can do ebay and Craigslist. On CL, would you recommend doing bulk ads listing the stuff in small bundles with individual prices listed; or go more with an ebay style listing every part seperately in its own ad?
Yeah, on CL ... just list everything .... item by item ... if you want to go with less "piecemeal" pricing, just say $25-$150 (or something like that) for each. Everything is negotiable ...​
On eBay, every item should have its own auction.​
I'll pay "top dollar" for an orphan drum, if it's a drum (size) I need, to complete a project. However, to purchase a whole set, just to get one drum, it's just not worth it to me. I'll pass on the kit.​

Back