Vocalist recommendations

i know you said only clean for metal, but i post this as an exception just because her voice is amazing clean. check out " the agonist" you won't be disappointed.

i know you said only clean for metal, but i post this as an exception just because her voice is amazing clean. check out " the agonist" you won't be disappointed.

Haha, yeah, I have heard the Agonist, it's different, reminds me a little bit of Astarte, vocally, kind of a black metal thing almost, which suits female growls, they are too high pitch for death growls.

I more started this thread to try find vocalists, which as a musician, are technically amazing.

Asking for a cool sounding singer is pointless, it's subjective and everyone has their favourites.

My favs:

Ray Alder of Fates Warning (especially their last few albums).

Lars Eikind, who plays bass and provides the clean vocals in Before the Dawn and it's sister project Dawn of Solace (Finish metal band).

I'm really digging the vocals on Katatonia, although he doesn't exactly have the best range, he's very effective with what he can do.

And of my favorite singers, Devon Graves of Dead Soul Tribe has a new band, Shadow Theory: http://www.myspace.com/theshadowtheoryofficial

I'm really digging the vocals on Katatonia, although he doesn't exactly have the best range, he's very effective with what he can do.

Renske has a pretty unique voice. His range isn't terrible, he doesn't utilise a lot of it. He sang a fair bit higher then he usually does on Night is the new day.

Katatonia are one of my all time favourite bands.

Monika Edvardsen (ex-Atrox) would be one such technically amazing vocalist in metal. It's personal preference whether you like her voice or not but she's got quite a voice.

You can YouTube some Atrox (Orgasm, Terrestrials, Contentum-era stuff.)

Monika Edvardsen (ex-Atrox) would be one such technically amazing vocalist in metal. It's personal preference whether you like her voice or not but she's got quite a voice.

You can YouTube some Atrox (Orgasm, Terrestrials, Contentum-era stuff.)

I'll have to check it out, though I'm not just interested in metal :D

I actually saw a fantastic vocalist live today, completely blew me away from a band I'd never heard, an Australian band called Arcane.

http://www.myspace.com/arcaneaustralia

Renske has a pretty unique voice. His range isn't terrible, he doesn't utilise a lot of it. He sang a fair bit higher then he usually does on Night is the new day.

Katatonia are one of my all time favourite bands.

I saw them live for the 1st time a few weeks ago, and he really blew me away in person.

But then I found one of their CDs from around 2000-2001, and he sounded terrible. Hard to believe it's the same singer (and yes, I check it was Renske, I know he didn't sing on everything).

But over all, Katatonia have become one my all time favorite bands.

I saw them live for the 1st time a few weeks ago, and he really blew me away in person.

But then I found one of their CDs from around 2000-2001, and he sounded terrible. Hard to believe it's the same singer (and yes, I check it was Renske, I know he didn't sing on everything).

But over all, Katatonia have become one my all time favorite bands.

He started out growling/drumming until he stuffed up his voice, he has come a long way as a vocalist, as a front man he has incredible stage presence. Hell, we should have just made this the Katatonia thread :D

Back