How much is my kit worth/what's it made of?

maxazarmehr

I bought a mapex Saturn pro on Craigslist for $500. I've tried looking it up but can't seem to find the exact make and model. Here is a pic of the badge on the floor tom (apologies for the quality, I had to keep resizing the pics is took with my phone). I want to know rough you what this kit would be worth if I was to sell it and what it's made out of.

Snare 6"x14"
Toms
7"x10"
7"x12"
13"x14
Bass 13"x20"

Hihats 14"
Ride 20"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 221
You are so so so lucky to have picked up a Saturn for $500!!! In the UK they are selling second hand for £800 so probably more like $1300 in US money!

They are walnut shells as far as Im aware but do not sell this kit. To get such a bargain is sick, you would be stupid to sell it unless you were desperate.

Those are very good drums. We would need to see more pictures in order to answer your questions. I play drums like those at church. They are some sort of maple blend; I do not remember because it does not much matter. What matters to me is sound, looks, and durability. Peace and goodwill.

maple + walnut, depending on year.
What they are worth varies by location, but you got a good deal depending on their condition.

Here is a pic of the snare badge, the pictures I have only phone are too big for the site. I'll have to take some more when I get home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 140
Front and top view of the drums. Excuse the mess.

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 133
Back