anyone know what these are (toms/octobans?)

well they need a good clean.. and they have a tiny crack starting where the mount screws in.. but for £5.. who cares

they sound pretty good, and have nice remo heads on them. Just need to find the cheapest possible way to mount them to something, or it defeats the point of buying them :)

the pic makes them look much cleaner than they really are lol

the rims are quite scuffed, and the shells have many scratches. But as i say.. for a fiver... its not that big a deal. They will just add to the range of sounds my kit can produce.

Those look like Tama octobans, the clip tom mount was used by Tama....and many other manufactures.

Attachments

• octobans.jpg
    octobans.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,420
except the mount is in a different location.. and that doesnt explain why all the lugs have a big M engraved on them lol

very odd ones indeed

In the 80's there was a company called Dragon Drum that made drums that looked exactly like the Tama octabons.

So it could be those.

Or maybe someone just made them.

Either way, good find!

They look like the old Dragon drums Bruford used to play back in the 80's King Crimson.

Those fittings are standard timbale fittings found on many budget lines over the years.

well so far no luck finding something to mount them on. I may end up fashioning something from a bent piece of metal, and a standard drum clamp.

Back