Re fake Passport spam

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
keep it simple said:
You really are becoming a huge pain in the a&^%. Mods, can we block the ISP of this disease please :)

There is a block on most of those posts, the memebership never sees them (but the mods do!) and it's about 20:1 vs the ones that slip through. Why some do and most don't, I don't know. The forum software 'learns' from our reports of the posts, and will eventually reduce the number of visible posts to zero. FYI, there were 7 passport posts spammed at once this morning, only one got through. I nabbed all while the spammer was still online! Gotta love the look on his face when he can't post anymore. :)

But the passport thing is particularly amusing... who would possibly attempt to use a faked passport that comes from an unknown source? Sounds like a ticket to jail if you ask me!

I guess it's testament to the fact that Drummerworld has a huge membership, which is attractive to spammers.

Bermuda

There is a block on most of those posts, the memebership never sees them (but the mods do!) and it's about 20:1 vs the ones that slip through. Why some do and most don't, I don't know. The forum software 'learns' from our reports of the posts, and will eventually reduce the number of visible posts to zero. FYI, there were 7 passport posts spammed at once this morning, only one got through. I nabbed all while the spammer was still online! Gotta love the look on his face when he can't post anymore. :)

But the passport thing is particularly amusing... who would possibly attempt to use a faked passport that comes from an unknown source? Sounds like a ticket to jail if you ask me!

I guess it's testament to the fact that Drummerworld has a huge membership, which is attractive to spammers.

Bermuda
Thanks Jon. I know we only see the tip of the iceberg, & thank you for the daily diligence needed to thwart these lice :)

Maaaaaaaaaaan, and I'm sitting here trying to dodge this extradition to Vienna... like a sucker.

Honestly though, that kind of thing hits all of the forums I visit, no matter what topic or subject matter or even popularity of a site. Damn shame though.

Hey at least it is interesting to see the crap posted by those losers. I don't think those posters understood how closely this forum is monitered. This isn't yahoo or something, you can't expect to post that and ever post again.

I actually did foward that email address to a buddy at the FBI.Humanoids like that spammer are an aid to terrorism,and they need to spend some time in a 4x8 cell,to reflect on past deeds and consider their next form of hopefully legal employment.

Steve B

Back