japanese drums

litdrum

Is it paranoid of me to stay away from the japanese drum makers due to radiation fallout from fukushima? Just wondering.

Yes. But, even so, there are plenty of very good kits built before March, 2011.Buy used. Save money. Get peace of mind.​

Its plausible that japan doesn't even use "domestic" wood on hand crafted kits anyways, wouldn't you think?

True that. Almost all raw materials get shipped into Japan, made into stuff, and then exported out. Being an island, they don't have a lot of land to grow trees, mine minerals, etc.​

I don't think I would worry about the radiation.Japan exported millions of dollars worth goods,within just a few years after the end of WW II,after the US dumped two buckets of sunshine on Nipon.No worries.

Steve B

You don't have to worry. Even if the wood do come from Japan, the chance that it comes from Fukushima is really small. And if the wood does come from the area around Fukushima, the wood is not excactly gonna kill you when you touch it, or even affect your wellbeing at all.

Cheers

ridiculous fear...

You probably should stay away from Japanese drums if you are afraid of them. I'd be more afraid of that giant asteroid that is headed towards earth right now as we speak.

Is it paranoid of me to stay away from the japanese drum makers due to radiation fallout from fukushima? Just wondering.

Just don't be surprised if your drums have unusual mutations like a 4th floor tom leg, or extra un-used lugs.

Hmm, judging by these Yamahas, maybe you're not being paranoid after all...

71781411AAD446639F67AB4C8192674D_12006.jpg

Back