Stomp Drive, Direct Drive Systems, Direct Drive System for Tama Iron Cobra Pedal

Stomp Drive

Hello everyone, My name is Preston Hadley. I am new to this forum. We do not spam, so no worry, personally i dislike spammers. I have been drumming for 10 years now. I have played for several years not knowing the incredible power, response and attack that Direct Driven pedals offered.
I know as well as many of you do that the Tama Iron Cobra Pedal remains one of the
dominating forces in drumming technology. Im proud to present Stomp Drive, a company
that retro-fits traditional chain-driven drum pedals with Direct Drive Systems. Our
first and upcoming product featured is The Stomp Drive (Iron Cobra Power-Glide)
Direct Drive System *Patent Pending*. We do not resale Iron Cobra Pedals, we
have developed our retro-fit product designed to attach to your existing Iron Cobra
Power-Glide Pedal. You will have the choice of either The single or double. The single will be for our single pedal players, and of course the double is for our double pedal players.
We have these both currently in stock.
www.stompdrive.com
Our Checkout is Secured!

Single : $49.95 + Shipping & Handling(For All), Tax(Indiana Only)
Double : $99.95 + Shipping & Handling(For All), Tax(Indiana Only)

These high quality direct drive links are 100% U.S. made and 100% CNC machined out
of aircraft grade billet aluminum for strength. These have an applied black anodized hard coat Type III, very tough surface finish, around 70 RC.

StompDrive_Iron__4c11139337dbf.jpg

7.JPG

4.jpg4c16afd12e149.jpg

5.JPG4c16a08192bef.JPG

2.jpg

The Stomp Drive (Iron Cobra Power-Glide) Direct Drive System*Patent Pending*,
is a 3 segment solid aluminum link between the pedal axis and the foot board. The
link is assembled with 2 bearings, giving you better control over power, attack, and
response. The Stomp Drive Direct Drive System allows no slack between the pedal
beater and the foot board. This product replaces your traditional Iron Cobra chains.

Features
  • Solid Aluminum Link
  • Bearing Driven (ABEC 7)Class baring
  • Black Anodized Hard Coat Type III
  • Mounted with original Pedal screws
The Stomp Drive Direct Drive link is a great alternative to more expensive pedals
that are already Directly-driven, such as the Pearl Eliminator Demon Drive & Axis.

Thank You, all for your time.

If you have any questions please email me at

[email protected]

interesting idea, i was waiting for somebody to do something along these lines...

but....

how is having a direct link attached to the cam going to effect the how the cam works? seems to me you just turned a power glide into a direct link rolling glide. now we all know a direct drive is going to have a different feel and different power but is this trade off really worth it?

interesting idea, i was waiting for somebody to do something along these lines...

but....

how is having a direct link attached to the cam going to effect the how the cam works? seems to me you just turned a power glide into a direct link rolling glide. now we all know a direct drive is going to have a different feel and different power but is this trade off really worth it?
It doesn't effect the cam at all. It just replaces the chain. Making it a solid link between the pedal board and the beater. Instead of a limp chain.
It keeps all the original characteristics of smooth feel and fluid action.
But it really intensifies the Iron Cobra.
Giving it more power, attack, and response.
Chains have slack, which cause less response and you have to adjust.
Direct Drive just adds incredible power, attack, and response. Your pedal is not altered in any way. It still keeps all its features.
I have been drumming for 10 years now. I have used my Iron Cobras Power Glide nearly every step of the way. Always with chains. I have a pair of Stomp Drive Direct Drive Links on mine now. And I can definitely feel a difference. I love how precise it is.
I also thought the same thing for Pearl Demon Drive and Axis but they are just too expensive.
But here are some videos.

Here is our video of Clearance and description of Stomp Drive Retrofit Links.
This video is also viewable at our website on the homepage. http://www.stompdrive.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx6c000qGnk

Here is our video pedal motion and description of Stomp Drive Retrofit Links.
This video is also viewable at our website on the homepage. http://www.stompdrive.com

Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIvABcTyIbM

I've never been a fan of direct drive pedals that I've played, but I've never played a high end one...

I might think about this for my Cobras.

It doesn't effect the cam at all. It just replaces the chain. Making it a solid link between the pedal board and the beater. Instead of a limp chain.
It keeps all the original characteristics of smooth feel and fluid action.
But it really intensifies the Iron Cobra.
Giving it more power, attack, and response.
Chains have slack, which cause less response and you have to adjust.
Direct Drive just adds incredible power, attack, and response. Your pedal is not altered in any way. It still keeps all its features.
I have been drumming for 10 years now. I have used my Iron Cobras Power Glide nearly every step of the way. Always with chains. I have a pair of Stomp Drive Direct Drive Links on mine now. And I can definitely feel a difference. I love how precise it is.
I also thought the same thing for Pearl Demon Drive and Axis but they are just too expensive.
But here are some videos.

Here is our video of Clearance and description of Stomp Drive Retrofit Links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx6c000qGnk

Here is our video pedal motion and description of Stomp Drive Retrofit Links.

Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIvABcTyIbM

i understand your just replacing the chain with a link system, BUT the powerglide cam has a varying curvature to the cam so the cam speeds up as it rotates. you've taken the ability for the cam to accelerate as the footboard lowers. it's now a fixed speed a la rolling glide cam.

my question about it is how does the loss of acceleration compare agianst the added power of the direct drive? is the direct drive adding more power then what is lost, less, equivilent?

i did actually read your website, watched the youtube video and read what other people had said from a few other forums yesterday before i posted the first post thismorning, although i have yet to see anything from somebody who's used it. i'm not dissing it in anyway, i really hope it works with no real draw backs cuz i love my ic's and i would love to have a direct drive. if it works i'll probably pick up half a dozen sets....

Sort of a question on DD in general. I've played on Axis and Eliminators in store briefly and really liked the feel. I listened to a friend's complaint with DD petals, he didn't use them because the foot board snaps up too quickly as it's lacking the slack that a chain drive provides.

I play with a whole lot of heel-toe, and I'm looking into a set of Cobras, so would my playing benefit from a direct drive setup?

Sort of a question on DD in general. I've played on Axis and Eliminators in store briefly and really liked the feel. I listened to a friend's complaint with DD petals, he didn't use them because the foot board snaps up too quickly as it's lacking the slack that a chain drive provides.

I play with a whole lot of heel-toe, and I'm looking into a set of Cobras, so would my playing benefit from a direct drive setup?
I have been playing these for 4 weeks now and with direct drive. I also use heel-to-toe and i really cant tell it snapping back quick at all. Its almost an extension of your foot.
Thats my 2 cents.

i understand your just replacing the chain with a link system, BUT the powerglide cam has a varying curvature to the cam so the cam speeds up as it rotates. you've taken the ability for the cam to accelerate as the footboard lowers. it's now a fixed speed a la rolling glide cam.

my question about it is how does the loss of acceleration compare agianst the added power of the direct drive? is the direct drive adding more power then what is lost, less, equivilent?

i did actually read your website, watched the youtube video and read what other people had said from a few other forums yesterday before i posted the first post thismorning, although i have yet to see anything from somebody who's used it. i'm not dissing it in anyway, i really hope it works with no real draw backs cuz i love my ic's and i would love to have a direct drive. if it works i'll probably pick up half a dozen sets....

Well if you have noticed these are currently designed for the original IC's. They do not have as much curvature.
The speed and power is equal to or better. Yes well we have Jared Falk owner of RailRoad Media , he is a professional drummer and instructor. He is doing a review on it as we speak.
here is his link www.jaredfalk.com
Once he puts up his review im sure he will explain his opinion on the pedal. He has an influential opinion.

I understand. I personally believe and im not bias, that these are really amazing and are worth the time and money. But yes once Jared Falk gets his review up i will post it on all of the forums and sites. All I can say right now is they are extremely smooth, durable, fast , and precise.
Thank You, just as a reminder we do have a return policy so that your not stuck with what you buy. And we are a secure site.

Hmmmm...........do you have any vidoes of people actually playing this with thier feet?

You had me interested until you mentioned Jared Falk!

This is an interesting idea for those who would like to keep their pedals but switch to direct drive.
This only works if someone already has a cobra & wants to keep it instead of upgrading to a high end pedal. If you add the cost of IC's plus 2 Stomp Drive you get:
$380 + $100 = $480
The price range of most direct drive pedals is $450-$650 (Not counting the super expensive new Axis 21 pedal). I'm sure there is some interest for this product but I think you will have a lot of competition due to the over-saturation of new gear in the pedal market.

What would you say is the advantage of upgrading to Stomp Drive vs buying an actual high end pedal designed with direct drive already? (Other than money).

This is an interesting idea for those who would like to keep their pedals but switch to direct drive.
This only works if someone already has a cobra & wants to keep it instead of upgrading to a high end pedal. If you add the cost of IC's plus 2 Stomp Drive you get:
$380 + $100 = $480
The price range of most direct drive pedals is $450-$650 (Not counting the super expensive new Axis 21 pedal). I'm sure there is some interest for this product but I think you will have a lot of competition due to the over-saturation of new gear in the pedal market.

What would you say is the advantage of upgrading to Stomp Drive vs buying an actual high end pedal designed with direct drive already? (Other than money).
Well it will be for other pedals in all different price ranges. So the totals will not always be 380-480. the difference between 480-600 can mean a lot to people. We are offering this for pedals who dont have Direct Drive. Im a prime example i have had my iron cobras for 8 years. i wanted direct drive but wanted my cobras. so we designed and made a set for iron cobra, we will be making systems for DW, Pearl, Mapex, and etc. Well there is alwasy competition. It has the same feel and precision. And is of the same quality. And allows you to own direct drive on the pedals you love without having to buy new pedals. Stomp Drive Direct Drive Systems are very high end, and are very smooth. We use the best materials for these. A $100 upgrade to a 3 year olds pedal is better than buying a $600 pedal new. Its all about personal preference i guess. Hope I helped Cheers.

How would this work for the Eliminator? I think what draws many people to the Elims is the customizability; mainly the interchangeable cam system and I don't see how this could work with the cam system, at least not economically.

The thing that allows the cam system to work is that there's a flexible drive (chain or belt) that goes over the cam which allows the cam to control where the pivot point is, which changes the feel. With DD the drive isn't flexible, so it would have be designed for one or none of the cams.

If it was one (ie the stompdrive installs over the cam) then you'd have to have 4 (errr... actually six) different models available and force the buyer to choose which they want (and some people like switching them up so it could be costly). If it was none (ie you have to remove the cam before installing the stompdrive) then you're obviously throwing out the whole cam system.

Of course I could be way off on all of this too... Just curious 'cause I like the idea of having even MORE options... for some reason...

How would this work for the Eliminator? I think what draws many people to the Elims is the customizability; mainly the interchangeable cam system and I don't see how this could work with the cam system, at least not economically.

The thing that allows the cam system to work is that there's a flexible drive (chain or belt) that goes over the cam which allows the cam to control where the pivot point is, which changes the feel. With DD the drive isn't flexible, so it would have be designed for one or none of the cams.

If it was one (ie the stompdrive installs over the cam) then you'd have to have 4 (errr... actually six) different models available and force the buyer to choose which they want (and some people like switching them up so it could be costly). If it was none (ie you have to remove the cam before installing the stompdrive) then you're obviously throwing out the whole cam system.

Of course I could be way off on all of this too... Just curious 'cause I like the idea of having even MORE options... for some reason...

We have not designed our Version for the Eliminator Yet. So I cannot answer questions just yet.

Yeah I understand. When we get the info we need we will Post it on the forums and our website.

Cheers Fuo

Back