Abe Laboriel Jr.

jim_gregory

Watched the McCartney Whitehouse thing last night. Checked out Mr. Laboriel this AM in the drummer section. My GOD is this man talented. Just great. He deserves his own thread and if there wasnt one there is now. What a groove with Sir Paul and what great work with Sting. The guy is fantasic. Oh..and best drummer faces ever!

I've been a fan ever since Paul McCartney's "Back In The Us" DVD came out. Abe is a total monster. His drumming is mighty!

He did a pretty decent job holding down background vocals on "Eleanor Rigby" as well, not to mention the rest of the show. I love watching Abe play, It's not super tech or anything, but they guy ALWAYS looks like he's enjoying it.

Check out Abe on youtube.com with Mylene Farmer performing the song Les Mots. Seal originally recorded that song with her. I like Abe's voice much better !!

Saw him with PM several times now, always great. Also recently saw him with Clapton/Winwood, he really gave that band a kick in the ass. Brought some extra energy and more of a rock flavor.

Just watched the streaming of Paul McCartney's new album, Kisses on the Bottom, and Abe was there as a background singer and not the drummer.

Saw him on Paul's tour last year. It was hard to choose who to watch...him or Paul! He sure was having a good time and his playing was phenomenal.

He is not only a very good drummer on stage, but also because of the size of his drums gives him a lot of presence. Lucky man to play with Paul McCartney.

one of the smoothest, most silky, most dynamically appropriate sledgehammers...one the most compelling time keepers.

I think of him as lightly heavy.

Back