Best Guitarist

Id probably have to say Jeff Beck, his guitar speaks to me more than any other in the widest range musically. If not him, then you.

Props to the Djent Frederick. I would say Buckethead, or Ryan Martinie (bassist) or Les Claypool (bassist)
Btw Haake of Meshuggah is my all time favorite drummer.

I think hendrix, vaughan, buddy guy, bb king, kenny wayne shepherd and joe walsh were among the best probably... and John Mayer is not far behind
(I like the blues if you can't tell)

I got to play with a guy a few weeks ago named lance lopez who I'd say is probably a top 10 guitarist in the country right now

If you don't like the question don't answer it. The op asks, "Who for you is the best guitarist of all time?" You being the operative word here.

Pretentious and high falutin are we?

I agree with ineedaclutch don’t come and piss on a thread demonstrating aristocracy - if it doesn’t merit a reasonable and contributing response then go find one that will fancy your pompous input-

By the way Kenny Wayne is a bad ass too!

..Pretentious and high falutin are we?

I agree with ineedaclutch don’t come and piss on a thread demonstrating aristocracy - if it doesn’t merit a reasonable and contributing response then go find one that will fancy your pompous input-..

Speaking about being highfalutin..lol..

But anyway, in my opinion everyone is free to reply in any thread in the way he/she wishes to reply..When a thread with 50 replies has 2 people who disagree with everything or have a reason to think that the thread-subject is weird, is not meaning that those 2 people are wrong or piss on anything..They just have another opinion..

And besides that, if you think that Kenny Wayne is the best, then explain why he (and no one else) for you is the best..And not why you just like him a lot..Being 'the best' in music is just not making any sense and i think thats what Watso and i agreed on..

Best Guitarist.... I cant decide between....

Van Halen with Dave
and
Van Halen with Sammy

But it's definitely one of those two guitarists.

<Ya See What I Did There?>

Yup.

Dumbest BS ever.

Might as well say Picasso was the best painter ever. Just as stupid.

Nothing wrong with stating your preference in artists, but there is no "best".

He did say "for you" which qualifies it as if he had said, "who is your favorite."
And yes if you cant answer as it was asked, move on. Why stop to bother with a snarky grammar-esque type reply. Not at all necessary.

Paul Ryan- Origin. Yeah I know, who? Or, another metal guitarist? But dude is bad ass, a technical monster.

Oldskool what’s the number of replies before it has to have rational worth? It was a fun question and sure it side stepped. You’re right about responding to a thread in the the way he/she wishes to. It’s logical to have an opinion, I get that, some feel that key words are to be avoided, are oppressive, categorically indecisive, to those, then why respond, don’t try to kill the thread, you took the bait we are having fun - but your take doesn’t answer the question, and over rides what was brought up, rather implies that it is worthless, it offends those who take time to respond to what the OP has inquired about, somewhat bullish to have a shoot. It’s like if you went and said x product or x artist is better, that’s that, ones opinion doesn’t warrant a reason unless your a salesman. KWS was a badass, my best are down below. Look them up on YouTube to see their musical talents for yourself, if not that’s fine too. But don’t be a thread killah

Speaking about being highfalutin..lol..

But anyway, in my opinion everyone is free to reply in any thread in the way he/she wishes to reply..When a thread with 50 replies has 2 people who disagree with everything or have a reason to think that the thread-subject is weird, is not meaning that those 2 people are wrong or piss on anything..They just have another opinion..

And besides that, if you think that Kenny Wayne is the best, then explain why he (and no one else) for you is the best..And not why you just like him a lot..Being 'the best' in music is just not making any sense and i think thats what Watso and i agreed on..

The OP didn't say "the best". He said "best to you". so what you and Watso were agreeing on wasn't relevant. And it's fine to have your opinion, but when you say the thread is the "dumbest BS ever" you are off subject, rude, and if I want to say Kenny Wayne is the best to me, I don't have to justify it. Now move on.

Besides. Anyone who isn't aware Jimi Hendrix is the all time greatest most extra bestest guitar player who ever lived or will live or may have lived in alternate universes times infinity - no take backs; needs to realize how wrong they are and meditate on it.

Very true sir, the one and only

David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Peter Greene. My favorite rotates to whatever my current craving is.

Just to crank it up a notch, my favorite to listen to is Jeff Beck, but my favorite to watch was Stevie Ray Vaughan!

Live at Ronnie Scotts made me fall madly head over heels in love with Jeff Becks playing....and then of course Vinnie! I need to watch that show again. Not best....just my favorites at the moment. I remember reading some interview where a producer was with Eddie Van Halen and asked him what it was like being the best guitarist in the world and he said I dunno, ask Neal Schon. I think that was the situation, could be off, love this stuff.

Back