YAY my new DWs here :D

just noticed ive got a cymbal from each of the big 3 on there :)

its called super tangerine glass, so orange :D

missed my china already, so i grabbed my mini boom arm and put it back on :D

Attachments

• P1852_08-08-10.jpg
    P1852_08-08-10.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 473
its good very good for crash riding, a custom is obviously much punchier but overall a good combo

and now theres nothing :'(

Attachments

• whats left.jpg
    whats left.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 487
lol, packed em up bout half hour ago missing them already :'(

Nice looking kit dude. I prefer Yahama and Pearl and Tama but DW is good none the less. My beef with DW is that they cost WAY too much, why bother when you can just get a kit of the same quality from Yah, Pearl or Tama for a way better price. DW are just as good as quality- wise as the only 3 i mentioned but i JUST like the other 3 way more and they are priced way better that is true.

Nice looking kit dude. I prefer Yahama and Pearl and Tama but DW is good none the less. My beef with DW is that they cost WAY too much, why bother when you can just get a kit of the same quality from Yah, Pearl or Tama for a way better price. DW are just as good as quality- wise as the only 3 i mentioned but i JUST like the other 3 way more and they are priced way better that is true.
The current pricing on high-end kits seems ridiculous to me in general, but I'm pretty cheap, lol.

I'm someone who believes that the majority of someone's sound lies in how they play, though--not what they're playing. I'd say that when we're talking about a professional instrument of a certain kind (so not a toy, etc.), about 70% of one's sound is in the player's touch, 20% is in how they're setting up the instrument (so for drummers, how they're tuning, etc.), and only 10%, if that, is correlated to the materials the instrument is made out of. I've stuck with using budget stuff. I've been tempted to buy more expensive instruments to get a particuar finish (my biggest beef with budget drums, really), or to custom order odd sizes, etc. but I've had a hard time feeling the cost was justified, so I've always decided against it in the end. Maybe if I were relatively rich i'd spring something for a particular finish or for custom sizes, though. I love some of the C&C abalone finishes, for example.

High dollar instruments certainly have no shortage of apologists, though, and many of them believe that the materials are a large part of one's sound . . . my experience just doesn't agree with that, however.

Gorgeous Mate, love the colour too. Welcome to the DW club - its the best money I've ever spent.
Most of all... ENJOY!

i do love DW, im quite fond of yammies and tamas too. but with dw theres no dispute that its a top kit. i know tama and yamaha make great kits id love and apple candy fade yamaha or most of the star classic kits lol. really not a fan of pearl mainly due to their hardware :/

The current pricing on high-end kits seems ridiculous to me in general, but I'm pretty cheap, lol.

I'm someone who believes that the majority of someone's sound lies in how they play, though--not what they're playing. I'd say that when we're talking about a professional instrument of a certain kind (so not a toy, etc.), about 70% of one's sound is in the player's touch, 20% is in how they're setting up the instrument (so for drummers, how they're tuning, etc.), and only 10%, if that, is correlated to the materials the instrument is made out of. I've stuck with using budget stuff. I've been tempted to buy more expensive instruments to get a particuar finish (my biggest beef with budget drums, really), or to custom order odd sizes, etc. but I've had a hard time feeling the cost was justified, so I've always decided against it in the end. Maybe if I were relatively rich i'd spring something for a particular finish or for custom sizes, though. I love some of the C&C abalone finishes, for example.

High dollar instruments certainly have no shortage of apologists, though, and many of them believe that the materials are a large part of one's sound . . . my experience just doesn't agree with that, however.

pro kits are nice to own but not a neccesity but knowing that you have an amazing instrument is such an inspiration to play.

Gorgeous Mate, love the colour too. Welcome to the DW club - its the best money I've ever spent.
Most of all... ENJOY!

thanks these are drums that i will not need to replace in my life. something i can pass on :p

I have a chance to get a "new" (never owned or played) 4 piece 2005 DW Collecters Series drum kit in Silver Sparkle wrap for only $1,500.00.
I dont really dig the somewhat odd sizes and setup (odd for me anyway).
They are 12x9, 14x11, 16x14, 22x18 bd, and ALL of the toms are hanging toms (no floor tom legs and only a single clamp on all).

I dont even think I want the 14x11 because its too shallow to be a floor tom and too big to be a rack tom, and I dont really like large hanging toms. I actually prefer " fusion sizes".

I would maybe like to trade the 14" for a 10" or maybe even a 13" but dont know if its possible. Then maybe I could deal with the one hanging 16" floor.

Hmmm... I dunno... What do you guys think ?.

just go for it, ive seen you post this a few times. its going to be a great kit, you wont regret it they will sound good with their wide tuning range. besides if you find the 4 piece limiting and not your cup of tea then trade it in you wont lose money really at that price.

But why buy a kit, when you dont even like the drum sizes that come with it? xP If i were you i would save and buy a new dw kit in the sizes you want, or find an alternative. To be honest mid range kits have really upped their game recently, obviously not as good as deedubs, but definitely something to be considered :)

Thanks for the input guys, Yes I have posted before but didnt get much feedback. I have only recently been made aware of the exact dimentions so I wanted some advise on that to.
Those are both very good points you made, infact, I have a brand new Sonor Force Maple kit that I would probably have to sell. Seems kinda crazy I know but the Price of the DW and the fact that it was never played made me think it was something that I shouldnt pass up. If I dont jump on these rare oportunities then I may never have a high end kit again.

I'm still open to any more opinions if anyones got one. This is kind of a big decision for me.

Last edited:
I personally would get the Dw kit but thats just because I like the sizes but if you're gonna spend $1,500 you might as well get sizes you like. So you can keep the set you have, which is totally fine, or you could look at other "pro" sets in the same price range like this Gretsch Renown http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Drums-Renown-4-piece-Fusion-Shell-Pack-with-20--Bass-Drum-584705-i1507995.gc

I know I said I didnt like the sizes but I actually only have a problem with the 14x11.
Like I said, if it were a 10' or even a 13" it would work just fine.
The 16" hanging tom can be dealt with, its a good size, I just like FT legs better.

I could always hang the 14" and 16" in floor positions, hang the 12" in the left rack position, put my ride in the right rack position and just play it like a "Rock" setup. Thats different for me but I could rock that setup until I am able to trade the 14" for a 10", then its back to a "Fusion" setup.

I know im babbling but its good to get objective opinions and ideas. The bottom line is if I buy it and wrap my hardware and cymbals around it it will be a super sweet little high end kit.

Im pretty sure i heard a youtube clip of dw's in those sizes actually, and they sounded a lot bigger than they actually look, i personally love the look of those sizes :) Plus it could be made of multiple shells, like x shell and vlt? Something like that, x-shells bring out low end mahoosivly and therefore may make it sound a lot deeper.

Go along and play the kit if possible?? And why rewrap it, it's a dw finish man :O

Back