"Dream cymbals and gongs" cymbals

AronMapex

I was wondering if anyone here on the drummerworld forum uses Dream cymbals ( http://www.dreamcymbals.com/ ). Here in Iceland one music store is selling them. I bought 2 dream cymbals last year, a 20" Contact crash/ride and a 14" Energy hihats.

These cymbals are really awesome and cheap, the bliss and contact series are really washy and recommended for jazz. They are pretty thin. The energy series on the other hand are thick and very loud but still high quality cymbals. I´m just amazed by the sound these cymbals have.
I really recommend these cymbals.
In the near future I buying some more Dream cymbals.

please share pictures :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 604
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 727
For some reason, virtualcymbals.com is selling them cheaper than from Dream's own website. Like 33% less. 22" Contact Crash/Ride on Dream's site is $300. At VC, it's a tick under $200. Weird.

Questions... for anyone that knows...

Are these cymbals from the same foundry as Wuhan or Stagg? Do they sound similar?

I have 14" hats, 22" Crash/Ride and a 10" splash, all Contact series. I love them, and the way that they don't sound like a lot of products coming out of the big 3 these days.

And I also see that you have your Energy bottom hat on top, I haven't seen that before. How are you liking the Energy's?

Questions... for anyone that knows...

Are these cymbals from the same foundry as Wuhan or Stagg? Do they sound similar?

No, Dream's are made in Wuhan, China, just like Wuhan and Stagg, but they are made in a different factory.

I have 14" hats, 22" Crash/Ride and a 10" splash, all Contact series. I love them, and the way that they don't sound like a lot of products coming out of the big 3 these days.

And I also see that you have your Energy bottom hat on top, I haven't seen that before. How are you liking the Energy's?

The Energy hats are really thick, the bottom is unfinished but the top is only unfinished on the bell. I just like the finish on the bottom and I like the sound better with the top as bottom. They sound some what like Jojo Mayer´s hats.

20" dream bliss crash/ride. and it is just amazing.
if i were to carry a hi hat and just another cymbal then i would chose this one over my k custom medium ride.

its a jazzy crashy ride that sings so beautifully.

1 18" Bliss Crash/Ride
1 20" Bliss Crash/Ride

And soon a Vintage Bliss or a Diril 22".

Yes, Yes!

Bliss: 1x 22" crash/ride (wonderful), 1x 16" crash, 1x 14" Hats.
Wanted to try the other series (energy) but they don't sell them in Thailand, only contact and bliss.

Great cymbals and they last, one slept from my hand when i was polishing them in a bathtub, it broke a stone part from the thingy where you put soap on, but the cymbal itself seemed ok and it still does sound as normal as before.

I really like the bell sound from my 22" ride, that was one of the reason why I bought it. I think the the 22" has the best bell sound from all the other ones. Then, after sometime, I was starting to dislike the wash of the cymbal, so I tried to use moongel. But that just sounded plain "ugly", so I took it off again and now I'm starting to really like the wash :)
But the cymbals are really really loud. I kinda have a problem with my hats: they're never perfectly on top of each other, sometimes the top is more towards me and the bottom goes to the back, or it's the other way around. Is it the cymbal or the hatstand? Any idea?

Just came home with a 14" contact bottom hihat and a 1960s Avedis Zildjian top that pair really well together!

I wouldn't have believed it just by looking at the cymbal (they look kind cheap to me) but it sounds fantastic and makes for a good jazz set of hats.

Yes, Yes!

Bliss: 1x 22" crash/ride (wonderful), 1x 16" crash, 1x 14" Hats.
Wanted to try the other series (energy) but they don't sell them in Thailand, only contact and bliss.

Great cymbals and they last, one slept from my hand when i was polishing them in a bathtub, it broke a stone part from the thingy where you put soap on, but the cymbal itself seemed ok and it still does sound as normal as before.

A much "cleaner" sound now I guess. Ha ha

I have a pair of the 15" bliss hats and absolutely LOVE THEM, I will purchase more...still not keeping me from my A customs one day but I am a Dream Believer!

Back