can you even get these??

the tips of my sticks always keep breaking off
but i like the round ball type and i cant seem to find any with the nylon tips

im currently using some zildjian 7a with the round ball

can you even get these??

I think Regal TIp makes some. If not, the Vic Firth Steve Gadd signature sticks have a barrel tip, which is quite close to a round tip. I had a pair of the nylon tip Gadd sticks and although I snapped them in half, the tips held up fine.

Pro-Mark makes several models with round or ball nylon tips; I have used the 707, which is similar in feel to a 5A.

Vic Firth Omar Hakim signature stick has a ball shaped nylon tip, but you might find it too big. On the other hand, Peter Erskine Nylon (SPEN) also has a ball shaped nylon tip but you might find it too small. Vic Firth HD4N is close in size to 7A and has a small ball-ish nylon tip.

Last edited:
can you even get these??

Try Vater 7A 'Manhattan' ot Vater Fusion (a bit thicker, between a 5A & 5B). I use both models with wood tips and have been happy with them. You can get both of these models with nylon tips. Worth checking out.

9066f57d56dc93af4dd3ce4dd82d9e38.image.425x212.jpg

Vic Firth Steve Gadd

Pro-Mark 808s have a nearly round tip, they're slightly thicker than a 5A, come in both oak and hickory, and have been my stick of choice for nearly 20 years. The 707s and the Hakims are excellent too.

I don't know if this will interest you, but I read about a guy on another forum who was dipping his stick tips in Minwax Wood Hardner. Apparently he's had success with this treatment to make tips last longer. After rereading your post I'm not sure if you're having a wood or nylon tip problem. Hope this helps. If not, good luck. Old Doc

Back