Yamaha HH65 pedal triggering problem

Hansolo

My HH65 has been needing extra pedal pressure to trigger the closed cymbals sound. I found the pedal pushes down on a curved rubber block with 4 small ridges underneath it which progressively activate separate switch-pads. I think the problem was due to the rubber block not pressing enough on the last pad (furthest from the block's fixed end). So I tried raising it's mounting bracket slightly by moving 2 flat washers from the screw heads to underneath the bracket and to my surprise the cymbal triggering improved with less foot pressure required. I wouldn't raise it much more just in case it affects any of the other 3 pads operating properly. The pic shows how I've also raised the pedal angle a bit by moving the toe bracket to the pedal underside.
This might help anyone else with a sore left ankle.

Attachments

• HH65 pedal mod.jpg
    HH65 pedal mod.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4,053
I think the problem was due to the rubber block not pressing enough on the last pad (furthest from the block's fixed end). So I tried raising it's mounting bracket slightly by moving 2 flat washers from the screw heads to underneath the bracket and to my surprise the cymbal triggering improved with less foot pressure required.

sorry to open a old thread but I am having this problem.
what two screws did you add washers to? I am not understanding the fix.

Hi,

This looks like something I need to try for my hi hat pedal but I can't quite see from the picture where the washers are. I might be being stupid but any chance you could point out more precisely where you inserted them?

Thanks

This looks like something I need to try for my hi hat pedal but I can't quite see from the picture where the washers are. I might be being stupid but any chance you could point out more precisely where you inserted them?

The washers are simply fitted under the rubber block mounting bracket to raise it above the pedal base plate by about the thickness of the switch-pads cover tape.
Another option is using a thin plastic piece (with 2 holes in it) between the rubber block and base plate instead, allowing for the limited length mounting screws.

Back