How much I should ask For this starclassic

RickyD77

Just wondering what is the value of this kit.. i'll sell it with the cage and double pedal

thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 453
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 441
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 428
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 448
For the starclassic I can't say for sure. I had a 2002 (I think) Tama Rockstar. It was an 8 piece, in absolute mint condition, with brand new Remo heads on tops and bottoms, which I sold for $1200 canadian with hardware, the new skins, and a B8 cymbal pack. Some guys on the forum here told me I wouldn't even get half my asking price, but I am glad I waited and started a little high. The guy who bought it was totally thrilled because he was about to order a brand new 5 piece Imperialstar, with a few extra toms to make it an 8 piece, plus a good set of replacement skins right off the bat. Including the extra toms, the skins, and the taxes, he would have spent about $200 more at the local shop here. The crazy thing is musiciansfriend sells an 8 piece Rockstar set right now for $799 because they are discontinued overstock. So for $1200 I got lucky because I found the right buyer. The other offers I received were under $1000 and I patiently turned them down hoping for better. I am glad I waited.

My advice to you is start a little high. Every week drop your price by $100 until you start getting bites. It can't hurt to try. If it's not worth the price you are asking, then you won't get any feedback. That's when you drop the price and try again.

It's a buyer's market right now. Vintage kits are selling cheaper than they ever have it seems. This sucks for sellers.

Pretty much the same set up here, even the nice Coral Reef Blue. The only difference I see is you've had a lot more gigs and for that, I'm envious. I would hold out as long as possible with your "Hand Crafted in Japan" kit. You just might have a collector's drumset.

$1300-$1500 would be a good place to start. Or best offer.

I was gonna say $1000

Looks like it was on the business end of a meteor shower

What the hell, start at $1500 someone may buy it.

I'd suggest selling the rack separately. If I were looking for a 5-piece kit the rack would be more of a liability than a benefit.

As for the drums, I'd suggest looking at completed Starclassic Performer listings on eBay to get a feel for what these kits are selling for. My guess would be about $900-1000.

What are the specs of the drums? Like is that a B/B or Maple, the drum dimensions etc.

I ask because I've been eyeballing the B/Bs....

Thanks all for your help.. IM not sure for maple or birch but the guys on the forum told me they are 99% sure it was a birch

Thanks again

Pretty much the same set up here, even the nice Coral Reef Blue. The only difference I see is you've had a lot more gigs and for that, I'm envious. I would hold out as long as possible with your "Hand Crafted in Japan" kit. You just might have a collector's drumset.

Is there something special about the "Handcrafted in Japan" badge? Are they outsourced now to china or just no longer handcrafted? Here's a pic of a badge off of my kit.

picture.php

Is there something special about the "Handcrafted in Japan" badge? Are they outsourced now to china or just no longer handcrafted? Here's a pic of a badge off of my kit.

picture.php

Starclassics are now outsourced to china I think (just like pretty much everything Tama now make!)

That's quite an old skill starclassic, but to be honest, the condition will probably damage the price as much as being a Jap one would put it up!

It seems the states is a lot kinder on these kits! I sold my starclassic performer B/B (Japanese) in ultra-rare Lava Sparkle, with a DW 8000, custom percussion stool, all hardware, Sabian AAX and HHX and a Zildjian K custom Hybrid with 2 snares in mint condition and only got £1400 (just over $2000). In England that's maybe worth $600 drums only.....

Back