IDing drums from a TV show

timmdrum

Gold Member
I've been digging Private Sessions on A&E (despite the bland host, Lynn Hoffman), and just saw the episode with Blondie. Clem Burke's drums have a white DW head on the front, but the rack tom has a vertical, rectangular badge on the front...? Also the lugs don't look like normal DW lugs... can anyone confirm the brand of these?

A link to some footage: http://bcove.me/8yora9ha (Pause it at :13)

Pic's attached too. Thanks!

Attachments

• Burke.jpg
    Burke.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 179
I think ol' Clem is pullin' everybody's leg! It looks like a Premier Genista kit (I remember those from the 80s-90s as having what looked like spherical lugs, the bass drum has them too, which makes me think he just has a DW front head on his bass drum. He played Premier even back in Blondies' hey-day. The man still rocks it, though.

Bad Blondie story..In the late 70's early 80's but I think it was 70's the height of Blondie's cross-over disco days she opened for Alice Copper at the Spectrum in Philly..she opened with Heart of Glass (a disco hit @ the time) and the thousands of Alice Cooper metal rats (including myself *shame*) boo'ed her off stage..they didn't even finish the first song..I remember the guitar player throwing his guitar down and giving us all the two handed finger salute as they walked..or ran off stage.. once again Philly having a classless moment..

Back