Buying electric set for the first time

orlandonoobie

First question is about any recommendations for a set, I've played on an accoustic set for a few years, but this will be my first electric set.

With my work schedule I'm up all night and sleep during the day, so my playing will be done at night. I have a few housemates in rooms around mine.
Do you think it will be possible to practice while they sleep? The walls are decently thick, but the doors are thin. I don't know what kind of noise the sticks make on these pads.

Are different electric sets quieter then others?

I would like to spend under a thousand for the set, I don't know anything about the standard price, I don't need a fancy setup though.

Thanks for reading through my noobish questions!

I can buy it online, or in Orlando if anyone recommends a good store around here.

the tapping is still pretty loud if you are trying to sleep. But the biggest issue will be the bass drum impact through the floor.

Go hang out in vdrums.com, there you will find many threads on this topic and how to deal with it.

Yeah man. Im in a similar boat.

I have an accostic but often get mean cravings to play late at night. So iv been thinking about getting an electric kit. Is there any one brand that is better than the other?

Back