vintage trouble

Toms look like DW classics.

The bass drum may be a vintage (really old) thing. No idea about the snare.

His mustache is really nice.

the bass drum looks to be a 1920s or 30s Gretsch with external dampening system

can't really get a good look at the toms but the mount looks Rogers to me....and the internal dampening knobs look to be 40s Gretsch

could be an altered piece as many of them are

Richard is a Gretsch artist ....so that should tell you something right there

EDIT: after a closer look Steve is absolutely right. the toms are definitely Slingerland with Set O Matic mounts

Last edited:
Bass drum looked Gretsch,but the toms were Slingerland.Set-O-Matic mounts and stick saver rims.Snare looked like a Black beauty,and cymbals were probably 60's vintage Zils.

Steve B

Interesting. Blonde/oxblood Augilar cabinets to look "vintage" and a Marcus Miller bass. And why is there a mic on that Bandmaster head?

Bass drum looked Gretsch,but the toms were Slingerland.Set-O-Matic mounts and stick saver rims.Snare looked like a Black beauty,and cymbals were probably 60's vintage Zils.

Steve B

ya I've been looking at more pics. He mixes a lot of vintage toms with that duco BD. Luds, Gretsch and Slingies.
They have a great cool soul groove mixed with rock. Definitely an act to watch out for.

Interesting. Blonde/oxblood Augilar cabinets to look "vintage" and a Marcus Miller bass. And why is there a mic on that Bandmaster head?

Could be for the in ears.. as there's a stereo pair on stage right guitar and a single on the bass cab stage left.
But it's not a bandmaster cab .. is it a leslie? maybe it's on that.

Or an engineers joke?
Haha

But a drummer after my own heart
And what a great band.. not a 3 piece with vocals ..
A band

Simon

Back