A drum tech on the front line

drumdruid

Anyone else out there doing this?

After reading lot's of posts about how to tune it, set it up and play it.. some friends recently asked me to show them what I do.

So hop over to my face book page and there are some photos.
If theres any thing you want to talk about please copy the photo back here for me..
I live halfway up a Swiss Mountain with only 4km of copper wire for the internet... you are faster than me ;-)

Sorry folks I am not allowed to put any of the Floyd or Gilmour work on face book, I can however post to here if some can set up an forum only thread. Most of my clients , the drummers are happy to oblige in this.

A good link to David Gilmours current drummer Steve Di Stanislao can be found on the BBC Jools Holland show , the Rick Wright memorial show ..

Have a nice day folks

Simon Paul Perks

I am easy to find
Simon Paul Perks
Thanks for the link Simon - that helps. I did put your name into FB search, but you didn't come up in the results. Maybe it's an international thing, not sure.

Just curious, I've not seen anything from this show, but what's bad about the Floyd tribute show you highlight on your page? I see it features Bobby Kimball. Great vocalist, but I wouldn't think his voice suits Floyd stuff.

Just curious, I've not seen anything from this show, but what's bad about the Floyd tribute show you highlight on your page? I see it features Bobby Kimball. Great vocalist, but I wouldn't think his voice suits Floyd stuff.

It's a personal opinion about a very german production
The Oz Pink Floyd do it so much better

If anyone over there has ever heard of the German music style called "Schlager" they would know what I mean.

theres nothing worse for me than budget restricted attempts at the floyd visual side of things, i cant look at another postage stamp size round screen with some moving lights.

I am myself not a PF music fan, I am into Killing Joke and a die hard stranglers fan, the floyd for me is my work and I am there for my technical skills and to part of making those great shows.

Don't get me wrong the musical abilities from all concerned are second to none but I don't wake up and hum PF tunes and when I hear Davids comfortably numb solo my mind tells me i got 20 minutes to load out and 4 hours of work before i get to bed.

Simon

theres nothing worse for me than budget restricted attempts at the floyd visual side of things, i cant look at another postage stamp size round screen with some moving lights.
Ah, I get where you're coming from. Same with the rather stiff musical production. In the very brief clip shown on your page, the backing singers seemed way off the mark in terms of vibe.

Ah, I get where you're coming from. Same with the rather stiff musical production. In the very brief clip shown on your page, the backing singers seemed way off the mark in terms of vibe.

You got it.
My mum really likes the ABBA stage show and the Queen thing, She would like this one too.
However in my defense i was 12 i think when she took us to Jesus Christ Superstar the original stage show.
I was 2 rows from the front in line with the orchestra pit, all ready playing drums , me and my mate were blown away by the noise commin from near , we didn't watch the show but spent the time fascinated by the live band.

it's all matter of taste

Roger Waters is on tour again with his wall show
even my mate Al the laser operator has to dress up in storm trooper uniform and march about as an extra!
haha
Simon

Back