Joey Jordison Question???

For all you metal head out there a couple of questions.
Why do you think Joey Jordison is a good drummer why not?
Is he just fast or diverse or both?
What do you think of his style?
And who would win in a rap battle James "The Rev" Sullivan or Joey Jordinson?

He's a good drummer. Fast, lots of technique, but I think he is WAY overrated. There are lots of good drummers out there.

Personally, I would rather The Rev over Jordison any day.

And who would win in a rap battle James "The Rev" Sullivan or Joey Jordinson?

I hate to say it, but if this contest were held today... Joey would win.

....ah heck, who am I kidding? The Rev would win even if dead.

hes ok at what he does ...

if this was a few years ago i'd endlessly bash you for such a question .. but i'm learning to be nicer .. lol

as far as metal goes ..
look into these guys

richard christy (death, iced earth)
gene hoglan (death, fear factory's latest, dethklok, strapping young lad)
bobby jarzombeck ( spastic ink)
aquiles priester (angra, hangar)
george kollias (nile)
derek roddy
thats a good start...

joey is neither the fastest nor most diverse .. he's good for his band .. honestly .. from the early 00's "metal" band drummers .. my top pick is doyalman from s.o.a.d .. not even near fastest .. but he kills in the creativity dept (which is more important? .. everyone has their own opinon .. but i'd rather hear someone play something cool than making lawn mower sounds at 500bpm .. but if they are playing something cool at 300 bpm .. hard to explain )

Chuck Norris would smoke em all with one hand with tripple bass 10,000,000bpm solo so fast ..you can't even hear it...you betcha.
Steve B

He is overrated, but he is damn good. To do what he does, day in and day out...not many drummers would survive in his spot. Just saying...having spent time in a top notch studio working with a big time producer, you learn how really good pro drummers are, and that it really comes down to if you dig their style/sound or not. Either way, they deserve some props yo! Anybody can play a tune on a kit as a hobby, but to go everyday like they do, consistency is what separates the men from the boys ;)

I haven't listened to Slipknot enough to really acknowledge all of the aspects of his playing, respectfully. He's a good drummer. He gets a lot of promotion being in a major label mainstream band. It seems like he also gets heat for the same reason, but he's a good drummer.

Joey jordison is Amazing!!! saw him live last summer!!! i was litterally 5 feet away from him at his signing for like an 30mins. He is fast!!!! probably can play as fast as i can with 1 arm and 1 leg

He's pretty fast and he is an impressive drummer.

The whole music doesn't gel with me so I don't really know what I think about his style.

I don't know if he's diverse.

Pretty sure Joey would win a rap battle.

I can't count how many times we've rocked out to Slipknot doing one thing or another, joey doesn't say hes the best, but hes the best with Slipknots sound, hell, some may argue he IS slipknots sound :D

Back