For those who suffer from blisters...

That seems *so* incredibly pointless and avoidable. I'm going to put my vote in for bad technique. However, you can't assume anything and to play devil's advocate - perhaps this is just the result of a lot of sweat and the friction between the hands and sticks while sweating.

But...look at where he's getting blisters - it's a pretty clear indication that he's gripping too tightly with *all* fingers.

Indeed, it's way too extreme to get your hands like that after just one hour of playing (according to the voice at the start of the video) And Kenny is all: "yeah I'll be better tomorrow"... that took at least a good month of not touching the sticks at all.

I don't like wearing gloves, but this guy needs to buy a pair. I used to bleed a bit when I was learning to play and getting my technique together, but that is ridiculous.

that is so incredibly dumb that I am at a loss for words. Dumb and Proud should be the title of that vid.

But man that is Macho and goes right along with, I hit My Drums Hard and I don't care what anyone says. What better method of playing then hard enough and poorly enough to get blisters.

He needs to learn the free stroke, and the Moeller technique. simple as that......

so sad to watch...

C

He needs to learn the free stroke, and the Moeller technique. simple as that......

so sad to watch...

C

What gets me is; how has he not experienced massive problems w/ arm pain if his hands have gotten that bad? I had one tiny little blister (more like a callous) on my right index finger and it forced me into physical therapy for 3 mo. from the pain that followed. And I'm a big guy! I'm about 245lbs. and only about 30 of that is extra weight...the rest is leftovers from years of weight training.

Back