new years drumming resolutions?

slowrocker

Silver Member
For me its get new crashes and hi-hats and improve my playing significantly. Anyone else have any good resolutions for this year?

I hope to be more objective in critiquing my playing so that I can be more specific in what and how I practise.
Oh yeah, and to set practise times so that I just bloody well do it!
That'll make me happy this New Year.
And a happy New Year to Drummerworld.

Get control of my right little fingers more. Old habits are hard to break. Play para diddle diddles a tenth as good as Todd Sucherman....just sayin hahaha

1. become even better friends with my metronome
2. work on my left hand technique, try to bring it up alongside my right hand
3. buy a house (we've been looking, but no luck yet) -- one of the biggest bummers about 1-bedroom-apartment living is that I have nowhere to set up my drumkit!

I have many, but I always go through a big list since I have 12 months...

Eliminate bad habits.
Focus on a practicing and learning a couple styles of drumming that I enjoy, instead of trying to learn all of them, which included ones I didn't enjoy
***(for me that was totally counter productive in 2012)***
Relearn how play the bass drum with Heel-Toe instead of Heel-Up
Try double bass (again)
Work and organize my ideas on a drumming book.
Continue and refine learning insane hand and foot combinations
Save more money for THE DRUMSET.
Find a the drum teacher best for me in NYC.
Build a bigger library of drumming books/dvd's and learning materials
Check out more drummers and musician friends at their gigs to pay respects and support their music and craft (also make sure I have enough money to buy them a drink or 2 lol)
Have fun and don't listen to the "haters" lol.
be able to feather the bass drum

...and lastly, even though I've been going my "own way" now for a long time, I'd like to go back and finish the books/learning materials my deceased drum teacher had me work out of. I never got to finish them and I think he would be proud if I did.

Best of luck to all of you in 2013! See you at the TOP!

K

Last edited:
Back