I'm standing next to Neil Pearts kit right now

A

Anthony Amodeo

...at TD Garden in Boston

thought some of you might like to see

he will be here to sound check shortly ....not a huge Peart fan but this should be fun to see from this close up

peart.jpg

I hate you right about now.

:p

But even if one doesn't like Rush, and even if one strives to be more improvisational or fluid than Neil is, seeing Neil close up is still a wonder. He is amazing precise. How he does what he does night after night, tour after tour is still a sight to see if you can get close enough.

Oh yeah, Peart is a great drummer to see (and hear). Very visual.
I must say, the last time I saw Rush, I had to move to the side of the stage.
It was loud.

Nice, thanks for sharing! I talked to Lennie D yesterday on the phone and he asked me "guess who i'm having dinner with?"

Did you get to try out the squirrel cage fans?

...at TD Garden in Boston

thought some of you might like to see

he will be here to sound check shortly ....not a huge Peart fan but this should be fun to see from this close up

peart.jpg
That's ok. He probably isn't a huge fan of you either! :)

That's incredible.. I personally think that band still kicks some serious behind.

the ludwigs on the "roll the bones" tour will always be my favorite set up.

tell him i said so!

A very cool moment indeed. Wether you're into them/him or not, that's rock history happening right there :)

Yep totally agree. That would be incredible to see in person!

So how in the world did you get on stage, let alone that close to the kit?

So how in the world did you get on stage, let alone that close to the kit?

The dude was put on this earth to f**king torment me. Next thread he starts will be about how he contacted Tony Williams for drum lessons over a seance. He'll probably post audio of Tillman using his dog as a conduit.

FML

the owner of the studio where I am tracking drums this week in Boston is a friend of Liam Birt

he came in the studio during a break this morning and asked if I felt like taking a ride to the Garden to hang with Rush and watch them sound check

obviously I said sure

it was pretty cool

we watched the check....hung with the boys for a bit
I got to chat with Neil for about 20 minutes or so

he seems extremely private but was happy to talk drumming and drum gear for a few minutes

the best part of the whole thing was watching the 3 of them interact with each other when away from their instruments

they are like children ....goofing off, laughing and truly loving life

they seem to bust on Neil quite a bit for being so serious

good times

The dude was put on this earth to f**king torment me. Next thread he starts will be about how he contacted Tony Williams for drum lessons over a seance. He'll probably post audio of Tillman using his dog as a conduit.

FML

hahahaha

yr the man 8

Back