I really need help

DgkDrumms

im not a new drummer iv been playing for around 5 or 6 years now i lost count haha

i feel like im not really getting better. and i also feel kinda noobish, iv never had any type of lessons or anything i dont know any rudements or anything i feel bad lol. iv been trying to work on my double-bass like everyone else like RLRL and i dont feel like im getting better
i have a pdp by dw 5 piece drum kit and i have dw 7000 drum pedals. and i play for about 30 mins about 5 times a day if someone could guide in me in a way so i can better my self.

for all these years i just play with my ipod i can get double-bass maybe like 100 haha i dont really i think i go fast with double-bass but i only use my nerves and im contently getting out of comfort zone so someone please help me

i also look up to all those good drummers like Matt Griener (august burns red) and alot more.
and i always wonder how they get so good so if someone who teach me something then please do =]

If you're having this much trouble, it's best to get lessons. Your teacher will set you on the right track to getting better.

where i live its one of the hardest places to find drummers. and there isnt really any drum teachers around here.

I suggest you practice the rudiments on the vic firth site. and if you are unsure about anything you can ask the forums or do some research of your own. there are also many great drummers on youtube which are giving lessons for free, check them out if you are unable to get a drum teacher.

another thing you might try is searching this site (using the forum search tool) for older posts about increasing double bass speed, or whatever you're interested in. the topic of double bass speed comes up a lot around here and many people have offered advice in the past.

Back