New here.

Ciz

Hey guys, I've been a long time speculator of this forum for years. I just wanted to share my b'day present that I bought for my self. 6.5x14 DW Aluminum snare. I've also got a DW Performance series kit(white ice) that I will post later on when my custom bass drum reso(a gift) comes in.

Anyways here are some shots. If your wondering, I swapped the heads with it and the Performance series snare, since I'm selling the PS snare, and I've got new heads on the way.

100_0287.jpg

100_0274.jpg

100_0275.jpg

100_0277.jpg

100_0289.jpg

100_0290.jpg

100_0288.jpg

Hey there Ciz. That really is a great looking snare you got there. Congratulations on the buy!

Nice snare ! Welcome to the Drummerworld forum.​

First of all welcome to Drummerworld Forum!~ ;D

And Wow great snare! Congrats!!! How'd you tune them? Tightly?

Oh Enjoy your Stay here C=

Niceeee snare dude! What are the DW True Hoops exactly? I haven't heard of them before?

Hanging out for some photos of your full setup!

Thanks guys!

I tuned it about med to med-tight on top, and tight on the bottom. Has a nice deep crack to it with alot of body.

The "True Hoops", after be enlightened on another forum, are made differently. 1. They are more rounded. 2. The one on my particular drum doesn't way that much more than the triple flanged did, however I was told that the bigger the drum, the heavier hoop they use, pretty cool. 3, It supposed to be a bit more solid, and I've noticed it has a stronger rimshot/cross-stick.

That snare is bad ass! Once my kits finished I want to pick that up in the same specs you got to switch out with my 8x14 vintage Tama Superstar

Congrats! Cool snare

Thanks!

Hey brother! Good to see you here. Love that snare.

Hey man! Cool seeing you here too, I never realized how many people I knew were actually here ;)

That snare is bad ass! Once my kits finished I want to pick that up in the same specs you got to switch out with my 8x14 vintage Tama Superstar

It's an amazing snare. This one, and the Bronze version of it are the best snares I've ever played. Aluminum and Bronze are going from one extreme to another though ;)

Thanks guys!

I tuned it about med to med-tight on top, and tight on the bottom. Has a nice deep crack to it with alot of body.

The "True Hoops", after be enlightened on another forum, are made differently. 1. They are more rounded. 2. The one on my particular drum doesn't way that much more than the triple flanged did, however I was told that the bigger the drum, the heavier hoop they use, pretty cool. 3, It supposed to be a bit more solid, and I've noticed it has a stronger rimshot/cross-stick.

Ah I see...now if only I had the funds...

Back