Opinions on drum wrap color

drthemez

Hey, so I just ordered a new 8X14 black panther big cat snare for my kit. The drum has a natural laquer finish, and i'm thinking about wrapping it to flow with my set a little better. I'll probably go with a jammin sam wrap, so i was just wondering what color do you guys think would look good with my setup? I was thinking black or red glass glitter? I know it wont mach perfect or anything, but might look better than a big old yellowish snare you know....

Heres a pic of the snare and my set for reference

Attachments

• bigcat.jpg
    bigcat.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 319
  • kit1.JPG
    kit1.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 348
  • kit2.JPG
    kit2.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 341
I like your snare just the way it is with your kit.
Having an eclectic snare is always in fashion.
I say leave it as it is.

Haha dont get me wrong i like the nat finish, i just thought it might stand out like crazy on my kit because its so dark, even the red is like blood red.... maybe i will leave it, thanks for the fast responses! Any other opinions are appreciated!

+1.

I think a natural snare looks great with any kit. None of my snares match my kit (I don't use the stock snare that actually does).
If the snare was chrome or brass it would be totally different in color and no one would think of changing it.
Natural wood is fine.

I agree. Leave it as-is. The natural finish looks great, and a little contrast with the kit is more interesting.

I agree. Leave it as-is. The natural finish looks great, and a little contrast with the kit is more interesting.

im thinking more and more of leaving it now haha you all are convincing! Hey winston, kinda off topic but i noticed your avatar and wondered how you liked your kit? I have a guy who wants to sell me a Mapex meridian birch shell pack off craigslist for 250... ive been looking for another kit for practice and whatnot

I knew that you would change your mind.
Have fun with your new snare.
I really like my Panther maple 5.5x13.

Hi there,

Can I please ask you a question and please forgive my ignorance, I'm just new to drumming and will probably ask a silly question but... that little gadget that supports your tom off your cymbal stand - is that a feature of the stand, or can you buy parts like that separately and fit them to existing stands?

Opinion on the snare - you seem to have received enough of those (and I don't have a strong one either way...:))

Cheers
Jen.

Hi there,

Can I please ask you a question and please forgive my ignorance, I'm just new to drumming and will probably ask a silly question but... that little gadget that supports your tom off your cymbal stand - is that a feature of the stand, or can you buy parts like that separately and fit them to existing stands?

Opinion on the snare - you seem to have received enough of those (and I don't have a strong one either way...:))

Cheers
Jen.

Its not something that comes with a cymbal stand, it will usually come with what ever set you buy if the set doesnt have the toms mounted from the bass drum. You can buy them in a variety of brands though and they will fit any standard size stand. Just make sure your tom fits whatever mount you buy.

I also think that the snare in natural finish would look great on your kit.

Great kit, cymbals, hardware and snare, BTW. you have good taste.

Cheers

Its not something that comes with a cymbal stand, it will usually come with what ever set you buy if the set doesnt have the toms mounted from the bass drum. You can buy them in a variety of brands though and they will fit any standard size stand. Just make sure your tom fits whatever mount you buy.

Thanks for that. My toms do mount from the bass drum but I'm considering other configurations.

Thanks for that. My toms do mount from the bass drum but I'm considering other configurations.

Oh ok, personally i think you'll be much happier mounting them to your cymbal stand or a seperate tom mount. You wont be limited by the positions that the bass drum tom mounts allow for. You could even throw your tom (if its a 4piece) on a snare stand and do it that way, i played a kit like that for a couple years.

Back