DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:11 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,836
Default WTF!

Found this posted to Benny Greb's FB page - really!
https://9538defe5f349d203ccb95d510b9...lLT0dVNHN2Y2c/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 PM
konaboy's Avatar
konaboy konaboy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 3,236
Default Re: WTF!

Wow just Wow and the fact that there is money supposedly committed is insane!
__________________
"how are you living your Dash?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 3,186
Default Re: WTF!

Some people got self confidence for a whole country!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 11,361
Default Re: WTF!

Someone has hacked the site and thrown that up as a piss take, surely? There's no way that nimrod would've generated six and a half thousand Euro just by asking for it. If it were really that easy, we'd all be doing it. In fact, I may even give it a go and see how I fare. I'd be happy with a third of that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Dodeska's Avatar
Dodeska Dodeska is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Posts: 243
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Someone has hacked the site and thrown that up as a piss take, surely? There's no way that nimrod would've generated six and a half thousand Euro just by asking for it. If it were really that easy, we'd all be doing it. In fact, I may even give it a go and see how I fare. I'd be happy with a third of that.
That was my first thought, but then I wondered whether he has added those donations to make it look like people are helping. Still, it's a bloody cheek. Help to buy an xbox & earrings for his girlfriend? Feck off!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2014, 02:40 PM
spelman's Avatar
spelman spelman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 244
Default Re: WTF!

Seriously? This is a joke, people!
The drummer in the pic is Patrick Carney of The Black Keys.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:04 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,836
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonero View Post
Seriously? This is a joke, people!
The drummer in the pic is Patrick Carney of The Black Keys.
It's surely got to be a joke, but a most ill thought out one IMO. Such antics cast dispersions on those offering a genuine funding program, & to post this on Benny's page is just plain nasty.

Asshole antics aside, this is the kicker for me.

15.000
Private drum solo:Enhanced
I will invite you in my place and play a drum solo just for you.I will use double bass and the latest trends in gospel chops.Virgil Donati and Aaron Spears licks,BUT: with Ringo musicality.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 PM
GruntersDad's Avatar
GruntersDad GruntersDad is online now
Administrator - Mayor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gulf Coast Seminole, Florida
Posts: 22,369
Default Re: WTF!

Hacked or whacked? If it's real the dude needs to find a job.
__________________
Johnny. Pictured left to right, Bermuda, Weird Al, Grunt.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:15 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,836
Default Re: WTF!

Just checked further. Non of the links work, & it's hosted on a different site. Nevertheless, still bad taste to post on Benny's page, & gives drummers a bad name generally :(
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Anon La Ply's Avatar
Anon La Ply Anon La Ply is offline
Renegade
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 5,512
Default Re: WTF!

Love the prices ... 25-100 for the drumsticks but 1 for a night out with him :)
__________________
Soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-16-2014, 04:36 PM
mrmike's Avatar
mrmike mrmike is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Monroe, Washington
Posts: 714
Default Re: WTF!

I'm thinking about getting the private drum solo with a bit of Lars mixed with Max and a twist of Tony.
__________________
Boris S. Wort,
Second meanest man in the world!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Midnite Zephyr's Avatar
Midnite Zephyr Midnite Zephyr is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 6,155
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
I'm thinking about getting the private drum solo with a bit of Lars mixed with Max and a twist of Tony.
It's like a drumming cocktail! If that comes with a splash of vodka, I'm in too.
__________________
Drumming for fun.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-16-2014, 05:47 PM
porter's Avatar
porter porter is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,447
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Just checked further. Non of the links work, & it's hosted on a different site. Nevertheless, still bad taste to post on Benny's page, & gives drummers a bad name generally :(
It's a modified Indiegogo page created as a joke (not hacked). I don't see how it's giving drummers a "bad name" to post obvious satire, and it's not exactly making direct fun of Benny's project. More likely, Benny's page is a high-visibility one and the creator of this piece wanted some cheap exposure.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,836
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
It's a modified Indiegogo page created as a joke (not hacked). I don't see how it's giving drummers a "bad name" to post obvious satire, and it's not exactly making direct fun of Benny's project. More likely, Benny's page is a high-visibility one and the creator of this piece wanted some cheap exposure.
Ok, maybe not a bad image for drummers per se, but certainly not a positive one. Disagree with posting on Benny's page though. Irrespective of the motivation, it's a cheap shot, & potentially calls into question the credibility of the funding mechanism. Benny obviously thought so too, because it's been removed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 PM
STXBob's Avatar
STXBob STXBob is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Harrisburg, PA USA
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Such antics cast dispersions on those offering a genuine funding program
Dispersion is something you do when you spread something around. Like dispersing money to lazy drummers who don't want to get a real job. ;-) You mean "aspersions." An aspersion is a damaging or derogatory remark or criticism.

Words are important.

/pedant
__________________
Cheers,

Bob Davis

www.reconstructinghistory.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-16-2014, 07:48 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,836
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STXBob View Post
Dispersion is something you do when you spread something around. Like dispersing money to lazy drummers who don't want to get a real job. ;-) You mean "aspersions." An aspersion is a damaging or derogatory remark or criticism.

Words are important.

/pedant
Ok, typo/brain fart radar engaged. Sorry ;) Serves me right for speed typing :(
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 PM
8Mile's Avatar
8Mile 8Mile is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,973
Default Re: WTF!

The most famous crowdfunding project is, of course, this one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/potato-salad
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:40 PM
mmulcahy1's Avatar
mmulcahy1 mmulcahy1 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mile View Post
The most famous crowdfunding project is, of course, this one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/potato-salad
What the hell is wrong with people???
__________________
Gretsch Catalina Maple Drums / Ludwig Supraphonic Snare Drum / Paiste Giant Beat & 2oo2 Cymbals
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:33 AM
porter's Avatar
porter porter is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,447
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmulcahy1 View Post
What the hell is wrong with people???
They want a potato salad party. For every project like that, there are tons of well-meaning and actually useful projects out there.

I did say it was "cheap exposure" to post on Benny's page, and yeah, it was a dumb idea. TBH, there are plenty of aspersions about Indiegogo's crowdfunding platform already :)
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 AM
8Mile's Avatar
8Mile 8Mile is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,973
Default Re: WTF!

I don't know, I can't get upset about this stuff. Lots of old business models don't work anymore. So I say kudos to those who have figured out how to work the new system instead of sitting around bitching about how it's "not like the old days anymore." Yes, some of this stuff is ridiculous. But the fact people are more willing to pay a guy to make potato salad than listen to your band is more a reflection of society and what people find worthwhile than the person who finds a way to make money off of it.

My unsolicited 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:57 AM
porter's Avatar
porter porter is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,447
Default Re: WTF!

Exactly. As dumb as it sounds, potato salad is more interesting and unique than most of the projects on Kickstarter to a lot of people. There's also, of course, the novelty factor.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Anon La Ply's Avatar
Anon La Ply Anon La Ply is offline
Renegade
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 5,512
Default Re: WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mile View Post
But the fact people are more willing to pay a guy to make potato salad than listen to your band is more a reflection of society and what people find worthwhile than the person who finds a way to make money off of it.
It seems that people are prepared to stump up $$ to be part of a dada joke.
__________________
Soundcloud
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com