cymbal setup

Mukund

Hey everyone
i am buying some new cymbals
so i just wanted to ask how o set them up
i mean now i am gonna have 2 crashes,1 ride,
1 china and one splash(ok about splash i know how to mount it )
so how should i set the other cymbals up?
buy new stands or mount them on my drumset?

No hi-hats?

It all depends. That's the exact cymbal set-up I use, except I don't have a China. I do have a cowbell though...ha ha! Anyway, I'm not really sure what you are trying to ask with out seeing a picture. You say mount them from your drums? How does that work? You got a rack?

As far as crashes go, I like to keep the brighter, fast crash on the hi-hat side and the dark crash on the ride side because I like to use it for a crash/ride too. I keep the splash under that one about drum level, but a lot of guys like to keep their splash on the hi-hat side. It all depends on your playing style as to where to place your cymbals. I am really particular about cymbal placement and using the right angles and arm distances. I don't want them too far away that I might miss it doing a fast fill, but not too close either so that it gets in the way. The angles have to be just right so that I don't crack them when I play. It's just common sense.

Hi. I like to have my 8" and 10" splashes mounted on my actual hihat stand (I use 2 cymbal boom arms with brackets). This way, I can incorporate them with hihat patterns. I mount my 16" crash to my left on a boom stand which also holds my 12" tom. I have my 18" crash on a bracket off my 14" FT. My ride has its own stand and I love it mid torso level on my right side. It is virtually perfectly horizontal. It is very comfortable. I used to be a real cymbal-hog, but now...meh!

Buy stands (or a rack and cymbal booms). Peace and goodwill.

Back