DW 7000 Double Bass Converter?

Maytridy

Hey guys. I have I single DW 7000 bass pedal. Is there a way to convert this into a double bass pedal while keeping my original 7000 and just adding a slave pedal?

Thanks!

Not that I've ever seen. You can do the opposite go from double to single but never seen a conversion for a DW pedal to go the other way.

damn...seems like such a simple thing to do....

Not really, go to DW's web site and pull up the 7000 pedal it has them shown together. Lot's of little things that go into the double that are not on a single.

pearl has a conversion pedal that has just as many "little pieces". it's just the fact that DW would rather make you buy the full double pedal kit, not that it's mechanically too complex

pearl has a conversion pedal that has just as many "little pieces". it's just the fact that DW would rather make you buy the full double pedal kit, not that it's mechanically too complex

yeah that, but the single must be prepared to take all of the small parts... i have the iron cobra doubles and an ic single has the same basic frame but is missing holes where double hardware mounts.

i think that mainstream pedal companies should offer a single that has all of the fixings, bearings and all, for a double and a separate expansion set with a slave pedal, cam, and 2nd beater. (i believe trick, or somebody, does this already)

yeah that, but the single must be prepared to take all of the small parts... i have the iron cobra doubles and an ic single has the same basic frame but is missing holes where double hardware mounts.

i think that mainstream pedal companies should offer a single that has all of the fixings, bearings and all, for a double and a separate expansion set with a slave pedal, cam, and 2nd beater. (i believe trick, or somebody, does this already)

Then you'd be driving the cost of the pedal up by having all those extras on there and for guys who have no intention of ever playing double are subjected to paying a higher price for pieces they will never use. Trick does offer a kit to turn a single into a double. Guess my thought is if you can sell your single and buy a double. The trick add on is $375

Back