Muted Foam Pads?

nocTurnal

My Lidwish Solutions quiet beater broke after two weeks. Now I'm back to looking into muted bass drum pads again.

My teacher has a Vater foam pad on his bass drum. It's nicely velcro'd to bass drum and never comes off. I've searched online and I can't find this. I went to Vater's website and all their muted bass pads are made of typical rubber.. just like everyone else practically. The only foamed bass mute pad I can find is kit that HQ sells -- the Universal SoundOff Bass Mute. As any of you who've tried velcro'ing a rubbered mute pad knows, the velcro will fall off the rubber. Super glue is a last resort right now. When I noticed my teacher's pad was made of foam I said "I have to get that." He said I won't be able to get in 16". Well, right now, I don't think I can get it in ANY inch. I was thinking if I got it in 18" then I could have someone cut it? What do you think? I could just order the Universal SoundOff Bass Mute and velcro that piece and save the bar for the future as it won't fit on a 16".

Or I could just go to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask for some foam. Would that work? Looks like HQ makes their's to have an authentic bounce. Wondering if I just purchased foam at a hardware store if it would be bad.

My Lidwish Solutions quiet beater broke after two weeks. Now I'm back to looking into muted bass drum pads again.

If you like, send a photo so I can see where it broke or explain what happened or where it broke - I will replace it at no charge.

As I mentioned before, you cannot over tighten the kick beater posts, as they are fiberglass and will weaken. I totally stand behind my products, so let me know if there is a problem.

Lazaro

Back