2010 Football World Cup-South Africa

Re: 2010 World Cup-South Africa

If i have got it wrong, please accept my appolgises, for my misinterpatation and spelling.

Your knuckle-headed discussion of the politics of Northern Ireland have nothing to do with the 2010 world cup. Apologies accepted.

Jonescrusher. maybe you should join the debate, seeing as you have alot to say, i am interested in your opinion, on the several topices being banted about on this thread.

You might as well join in, seeing as your maoning comments have little to do with this thread either.

If you do not like this topic, then please leave, and go and moan else where.

I bet you are one of these people, who think a film has to much swearing in it, but will watch it all the same, moaning all the way through about the language, when all you have to do is to get up and leave.

Daja Vous, maybe.

But at least, you have now added a peice of diversity into the thread.

But to get back on topic.

England will be in the final of the world cup, with the whole world watching, then this thread will get really lively.

Rendevous, i see that 4no. players have left celtic football club and all gone south of the border, to the championship leauge and only 1 going to to the preimership and that was only Wigan. Was it something they said. maybe.

Rendevous, i see that 4no. players have left celtic football club and all gone south of the border, to the championship leauge and only 1 going to to the preimership and that was only Wigan. Was it something they said. maybe.

Chris Killen, Barry Robson and Willo Flood went to Middlesbrough and Gary Caldwell went to Wigan. The only decent player there is Robson. Killen can't finish, Flood was never able to prove himself and Caldwell is one of the worst defenders to have ever played for Celtic. Aside from Robson, thank god we got rid of them.

Also with Middlesbrough, our former manager, Gordon Strachan, is their manager and is keen on these players.

And Jonescrusher, if you don't like this then bugger off. If you have an opinion about football, then please contribute, but if you don't, then don't come to this thread, simple as that.

Politics and football go hand in hand.

Please note.

This topic has diversified abit

This is an of topic discussion, it could, and has disagreed with some people. if easily offended, please leave and do not moan about it.

Now that a certain part of Ireland, has an office within the Houses of Parliement, Northern Ireland will now remain part of the United Kingdom.

As for the football, Celtic should retain their players, as it is not the sort of club (and i hate to say it) that is faishon able, that can attract the big names.

AS for ENGLAND we will be in the finals this time, the only team representing the counrty's from the United Kingdon, Northern Ireland included.

Lee Barnard from Southend United has now left for Southampton

And Jonescrusher, if you don't like this then bugger off. If you have an opinion about football, then please contribute, but if you don't, then don't come to this thread, simple as that.

Politics and football go hand in hand.

No

Foooootballl in Off Topic Lounge: OK
Politics, Racism, Religion - NO - also in Off Topic Lounge

Bernhard

Might not be able to discuss it, fine, but if religion or politics is not allowed in the discussion, then might as well not talk about football at all because football is not just a game like baseball or hockey. Football is so much more than that and that cannot be denied. Politics plays such an integral part in football, that you can't properly discuss one without the other.

Bernhard.

No disrespect.

But there is lots of political and relegious tension, between many football clubs around the world, not least Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic.

So to talk about these two football clubs, and their football, you are infact talking about their Politics and religion.

Football is a very tribal thing, it is fact (sounds stupid) but it is your clan, your tribe, your family.

Which is why there was so much football violance during the 80's here in the UK. it was your young "warriors" wanting to prove to other clubs that theirs was the best in aspects. on and of the pitch. Which i do not codone.

Netherlands, i love the sea of orange shirts in the stands, brillient, but you will be second best to the English squad.

Bernard , thank you so much for all the work you have put into this whole thing . I can't wait to hear the rhythms of the world come togrther in peace on the continent Africa . I know I shall be placing pen to paper transcribing , listening , learning , and then sharing the rhythms with as many as possible .

Bernhard.

No disrespect.

But there is lots of political and relegious tension, between many football clubs around the world, not least Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic.

So to talk about these two football clubs, and their football, you are infact talking about their Politics and religion.

Football is a very tribal thing, it is fact (sounds stupid) but it is your clan, your tribe, your family.

Which is why there was so much football violance during the 80's here in the UK. it was your young "warriors" wanting to prove to other clubs that theirs was the best in aspects. on and of the pitch. Which i do not codone.

Netherlands, i love the sea of orange shirts in the stands, brillient, but you will be second best to the English squad.

LOL, dude your just making a bunch of friends in every thread..LOL.. I see a ban in your future and I doubt there will be a thread where someone misses ya. You are now on my ignore list...mnoron.

Bernhard.

No disrespect.

I would say that if you can't talk about football and your team and how well they are playing, without including religion or politics, then you have a problem and it is time to grow up and learn to separate things.

So, how about that polygamous John Terry, eh?
Great way to screw the pooch, JT. Oh wait...

I would say that if you can't talk about football and your team and how well they are playing, without including religion or politics, then you have a problem and it is time to grow up and learn to separate things.

I'm sorry, but this is pretty ignorant of you to say something like this. Football is not like American football. Politics (and yes, sometimes religion) go hand in hand with majority of the football clubs. Celtic FC was founded by Brother Walfrid, an Irish Catholic brother to be exact. He wanted to have a club in Glasgow for the Irish Catholic population, where as Rangers FC was founded for the British Protestants. I'm sure you've heard about the troubles of Northern Ireland...often times, these two clubs are affiliated with the two oppositions. You can imagine the hate between these two clubs..

Apparently you're a liverpool supporter, so I would've expected you to know your history. Don't talk about something of which you have no clue about. And please, don't say that politics have no place in football, because you'll be proven wrong. Know your history.

Although I don't really agree with SUFC loyal about his prediction in the WC, banning him about speaking his mind on a matter of which he is bringing up valid arguments is ridiculous. Just proves to show that most North Americans don't know anything about Football. You think that it's just a sport, when in reality, and this may come as a shock to you or may seem "childish", but it is a way of life. Both of you, Gruntersdad and Nhzoso, need to grow up and stop being so narrow minded.

I know the history and just don't understand the reasons. If that makes me ignorant, then so be it. American Football has its state to state and intra state rivalries, but none of this is based on religion. Sport is supposed to be fun and a diversion from everyday life, not one's life. If that is the way of life in Britian, then rather than perpetuate it, the citizens should be working to overcome it or change it. I understand the problems of Northern Ireland but not enough to take sides. It seems to me that for two hours on a Saturday or Sunday that 30 guys or whatever the team limits are, could let that rest. That's my opinion and shall be forever. Sorry.

P.S. I root for Man U. I guess that make me a bad guy too. Oh well.
P.S.S. From what I see watching the Premier League the players are from all over the world. Americans play in the Premier League, Czechs, Romanians, Russians, Brazilians, and on and on. I doubt very much if they care about the politics of Ireland or Scotland when they take the field. To them it is about the game and the money.

I know the history and just don't understand the reasons. If that makes me ignorant, then so be it. American Football has its state to state and intra state rivalries, but none of this is based on religion. Sport is supposed to be fun and a diversion from everyday life, not one's life. If that is the way of life in Britian, then rather than perpetuate it, the citizens should be working to overcome it or change it. I understand the problems of Northern Ireland but not enough to take sides. It seems to me that for two hours on a Saturday or Sunday that 30 guys or whatever the team limits are, could let that rest. That's my opinion and shall be forever. Sorry.

P.S. I root for Man U. I guess that make me a bad guy too. Oh well.
P.S.S. From what I see watching the Premier League the players are from all over the world. Americans play in the Premier League, Czechs, Romanians, Russians, Brazilians, and on and on. I doubt very much if they care about the politics of Ireland or Scotland when they take the field. To them it is about the game and the money.

You can't understand that football is more than a game to some people? Celtic was created to give the Irish Catholics some hope and support whilst living in a protestant dominated area. Every football club has a purpose.

You root for Man U? Didn't you have a Liverpool picture up once?

And also, about your comment on players not caring about the politics in certain countries...you'd be quite surprised. Whether you like it or not.... Football is not just a game to most people, it's a way of life, and if you find that childish, then I feel very sorry for you.

American Football has its state to state and intra state rivalries, but none of this is based on religion. ...

Are you sure?

“Texas Stadium has a hole in the roof so God can watch his favorite team” (D. D. Lewis)

[I'm NOT a Dallas fan, especially because of the "America's Team" hype -- which is kind of contradictory to the state's modern motto, A Whole Other Country.]

You can't understand that football is more than a game to some people? Celtic was created to give the Irish Catholics some hope and support whilst living in a protestant dominated area. Every football club has a purpose.

You root for Man U? Didn't you have a Liverpool picture up once?

And also, about your comment on players not caring about the politics in certain countries...you'd be quite surprised. Whether you like it or not.... Football is not just a game to most people, it's a way of life, and if you find that childish, then I feel very sorry for you.

The Liverpool avatar was a joke between myself and some other members last year. That's all. I'm not sure childish is the right word, but there are so many things in this world more important. I respect your opinion and your knowledge I'm sure is much better than mine, but still don't believe a player from Bosnia, with all of it's countries woes, has too much concern for the politics of Ireland or other European countries.

I'm sorry, but this is pretty ignorant of you to say something like this. Football is not like American football. Politics (and yes, sometimes religion) go hand in hand with majority of the football clubs.

Based on what? The Celtic vs. Rangers thing is exceptional in British football in terms of the religious/political aspect. Sure, a lot of people are fanatical to the point of seeing football as a religion, but for the most part the fans' passions are based on hometown loyalty, nothing more. Any pride in the politics of Celtic v Rangers is utterly misplaced. One of the best things about the World Cup is that the sport shakes off all the domestic league BS and we get to see good football. Best to avoid getting hung up on petty and irelevant distractions Rendezvous.

LOL, dude your just making a bunch of friends in every thread..LOL.. I see a ban in your future and I doubt there will be a thread where someone misses ya. You are now on my ignore list...mnoron.

Having grown up with dyslexia, and a poor education, i think i have done well for myself, in life.

Pratts like you, who would mock or take the micheal out of me, only made me a more detertimind person in life, to do something with it, so i spent 18 years continuing my education once i left school, to get where i am today.

"dude" i am so glad i am on your IGNORE LIST, as with comments like yours, I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND, i spent many years at school, trying to ignore people like you who found it funny to mock the less fortunate.

If i was you, i would start to up, and not take the piss out of people, who may not be as well educated as yourself, people who are not as articulate with words as you may be.

I will continue to post my comments, and if people diss like them, well, just do not reply to them, just ignore them, and pass me by.

"you can only please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time".

As for football, yes, there are alot of forigen players in the Premier league, but to be honest, they do not care for the club what so ever, its just about the money, if they were out of contract they would soon move to the next club that would pay them more.

Its the fans, that are the passionate ones, it is them that are Relgious, political, tribal etc... You only have to see how passioate the south american fans are about their teams, and them people go around shooting at each other, just becouase someone surports a differnt team to them.

Back