PRO QUALITY Sample Downloads for Touring Live Cover Drummer

StuMur

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, I hope I'm not asking anything in an inappropriate way? A bit unsure, but anyway, my wife is the drummer in our country/top40 cover band, and I'm the guitarist. We're a pro act of some 20 years global touring experience, but recently, to make life easier, she ditched her acoustic kit and we now use an Alesis Crimson electric kit for her. The standard samples in the brain are pretty average quality for live stage to be honest, so I wondered, does anyone know where I can download a KILLER top end sample kit for the regular kind of coverband stuff we do - it's just country and top 40 pop/rock I guess. Mostly I just need a standard 5-piece tight beautiful LUSH, big production kit. She isn't technical, so it's up to me to find some world-class pro samples and upload them to her kit. Nothing gimmicky, just real world GREAT kicks, snares, hats and toms, oh and cymbals! Hers are GHASTLY!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers,
StuMur

I recommend buying Toontrack's Superior Drummer 3.0 . Get a nice laptop(mac) and you will be set.
I do not think it's possible to get what you are looking for in her kits brain. You gotta go out of the box with a high end sample set. A DAW is not necessarily needed.

I recommend buying Toontrack's Superior Drummer 3.0 . Get a nice laptop(mac) and you will be set.
I do not think it's possible to get what you are looking for in her kits brain. You gotta go out of the box with a high end sample set. A DAW is not necessarily needed.

Fantastic, thanks mate, I do use a high end Macbook Pro, so I'll def check that collection out today. Forgive my No0b question here, but as I'm programming a whole bunch of midi backing tracks for our 4-piece band we play in, can I trigger those Toontrack samples as midi notes from the Macbook sequencing programme I use? She can't play all the percussion etc live - she'll just play the basic 5-piece kit samples live.

I also need to find a fantastic, dynamic bass guitar patch or sample, so I can trigger the bass parts. I don't suppose you know anything about where to get killer realistic bass patches from? :)

Back