small vehicles that can transport drums

I've often wondered if this wouldn't be the smartest choice for drummers worried about their gear getting stolen. Most people would keep on walking away from it instead of peeking in the windows...

Attachments

• 167757.jpg
    167757.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 240
I've often wondered if this wouldn't be the smartest choice for drummers worried about their gear getting stolen. Most people would keep on walking away from it instead of peeking in the windows...

Ha, that brings back some memories. There was a band playing around Melbourne in the 90's that became more renowned for the hearse they used as a band vehicle, than anything they ever played. Great bunch of guys and I crossed paths with them often, but the fact that I can recall the vehicle and not the band name speaks volumes I guess.

I managed to squeeze two 5-pc. kits into my old 1986 Mazda 323. Before that it was a 1992 Geo Metro. Mind you, the backseats had to come out, but both did the job well.

Haha, I saw this topic and had to post! I still amaze most of my friends and family, as I manage to fit my Tama Rockstar Custom 22x18, 10" 12" 14" and cymbals and hardware into this!!
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=To...=201&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:181

I used to have a Ford Ka. Only a little bigger than the IQ.

My record was a four-piece kit (including a 22" bass drum, cymbals and hardware) my Stratocaster and a few pedals as well as three people. It carried a lot more to and from Uni (driving over the Pennines with it full to bursting was entertaining) but I really question just how big a car needs to be to haul gear. It really doesn't have to be a big truck or an estate car. You just need a smallish hatchback, the ability to fold down the rear seats and a bit of spatial reasoning.

I was sound engineering a theatre show years ago and I was well-known for the ridiculous amounts of gear I could fit into my car. I came out one day to find one of the lighting team had written 'Car Tetris!' with his finger in the dirt. Luckily, when everything lined up it didn't disappear.

I have a Red 2012 Toyota Prius Hybrid. I used to get made fun of by my friends when I first got it, but it gets around 54-58 miles when I am on the highway, and it rarely uses any gas at all when I am in the city.

What is most impressive about it is that all of the seats fold completely flat. So between that and the hatchback, it is very spacious.

When we moved everything into the studio I fit all of my drums, mics, stands, printer, and a bunch of miscellaneous desk tools.

(Before that I had a 2000 Ford Taurus. It was a freaking boat!)

-Derek

Someone on the block that I used to live owns a hearse for personal use. It is BAD. ASS.

They hung skull flags in the back windows.

Come to think of it, now that I have a 16x26 bass drum, no car will do. Good thing I got this truck!
meh, i fit my 20x24 and two huge (16 and 18) toms in my corolla. along with the rest of the kit, cymbals, and hardware, of course. in hard cases. 41 mpg. anywhere, anytime.

I once saw a guy with a pickup with no cap storing all his gear in garbage bags on the bed.
He'd throw in a couple twigs and a couple rakes over all of it....looked like yardwaste!

I have had several pickups with caps over the years and loved them all. (You can crawl in
and sleep to boot!) I put down a piece of plywood on the bed, covered that with some closed
cell foam with a piece of carpeting over that. Easy on the knees!

Presently I use a Honda Element to haul everything. The rear seats flip up to the sides and
out of the way or they come out completely by simply pulling a lever for each seat. Very often
I keep one or both of them out for the added space.

The FIt sounds interesting (for the future?).

Good Luck!

I fit my five piece Yamaha Stage Custom Drum Set into a 2-door 2001 Toyota Echo. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    148.2 KB · Views: 186
Nobody’s mentioned my fave yet:

Attachments

• BMW-Motorcycle-with-Drum-Kit-Sidecar.jpg
    BMW-Motorcycle-with-Drum-Kit-Sidecar.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 193
Back