Sennheiser HD25 vs IEM's?

Hentex

Right im ready to fork £500 on custom fit ACS T2 IEM's this is like the UK of ultimate ears, duel driver custom moulded mointors..

But i had a small try of some HD 25-1 II the DJ style ones and they seemed good isolation and sound in the mixing booth.

But will they be just as decent for drumming. I just wondered if it was worth saving £350, and get the cans over the IE's.

So which ones should i get? I dont really have the need to hide my cans yet as i dont gig. I just wanted the best ear protection and sounds that are avalible for me.

Thanks audioholics!

I use UE5's for drumming and they provide plenty of protection and sound very good for casual music listening. I also have the UE11 pro's and they are unbelievable. They pick-up every musical detail possible. I prefer the iem's for the simple fact that you don't have to readjust them when rocking out. UE also has the UE18pros with six drivers. I can't believe they can shove all those drivers in something that small. Keep in mind that unless you have a very dedicated roadie you'll be the one cleaning out all that ear wax. They do require some up keep.

Just so you guys know, if u were interested. I got the HD25 mk2 headphones for £100 and man they are AMAZING! easily good enuff to hold of getting expensive IEM's until your in live band sitations and want descrete ear pieces.

So saved myself £400 and got quality i was after. Atleast till i start gigging.

Thanks!

Back