Slingerland/Pearl (Kermit Kit Project)

Thumpah19

Hi everyone, just some pics from my latest drum project "Kermit kit" idea I had and I thought I'd share....Had this (4pc Slingerland 90s artist kit since about 93' (14x18,14x14,8x12,8x10). They were WMP finish when I got them slightly used in a local music store.I gigged with them from then til about 2000 off and on. Always held onto them despite buying and selling off numerous kits. I ordered some Pearl PTE concert toms (6 & 8) from Musicians Friend and re-wrapped them as well with the Lime Green Sparkle I ordered from Precision Drums. Really digging them, played 3 shows with them last week. Also liked the kickport, is my 1st time trying one and has really helped add a little beef to the 18". Lots of fun to play, I've played a 4pc set up for the majority of my 30 years playing drums with the exceptions here and there of larger kits. What originally started as just resurrecting my old Slingerland kit to enable me to go 5pc for a while..... turned into going 7 pc hahaha. Because my current main gigging kit.....a Ludwig Legacy classic is just a 4pc as well as the constant worry I have gigging with the mint and very $'y Legacys...I ended up ordering the Pearl concert toms for fun and wrapped them as well....and so glad I did :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90069273@N05/sets/72157632013937547/

WOW very nice bro, great job.. what part of NH are you in? I think I have seen you guys play a few times although I dont remember seeing that kit and I am sure I would remember that one : ) what did you use for a glue on the wrap?

Thanks much both for the kind words. :) I am in Southern NH...We are based out of Londonderry/Manchester. I used the 3m - 30NF, Neutral (got it from Precision as well as the wrap)...I loved it ...I was a little nervous about doing the glue (used tape in the last few kits i did and had ok luck) but this stuff was AWESOME to work with...really! And no bad fumes ..it's water based I believe and cleans up SUPER easy as well. I did on my kitchen table in the "livingroom" of my condo and was fine. I'd use it again in a heartbeat. Last weekend was the 1st time I took the kit out ...you probably saw either the Yamaha Oaks in blue sparkle, the dominion orange ddrum kit or maybe the Silver Sparkle Ludwigs!?!?..... if you saw us in the past year. I buy and sell kits a lot (way too much if you ask most people) but I never get bored and like changing it up. This kit tho...I have had a hard time when it comes to parting with it.....just due to the sentimental value as most of the kits I sold off were worth a lot more than these. Thanks for asking!

Last edited:
Cool, I may hit you up with a few questions if I decide to do this to one of my cheapo kits.I also buy and sell kits alot....: ) I love it as well... I am in Seacoast area but go to manchester area every now and then.

Right on man!.....be glad to.

sweet finish. really pops. i love the lime green sparkle. looks new. beauty

Thanks!....I agree....was looking at the LGS wrap for ages...finally went for it:)

Back