Post Your Greatest Weakness ?

How many of you drummers play double bass ?

• Total voters
My greatest weakness is a rudiment that I practice almost everyday but just cannot get perfect at. It is like LLR LLR LLR LLR
L= left hand
R= right hand

I just cannot get my left hand moving that fast as compared to my right hand.
I have written about some more techniques to speed up your drumming speed in my blog

http://themusicco.blogspot.in

but this above rudiment is the last and most difficult one that I am trying till date.

That's what what management & record co's are for...your the musician & need to find the right representative for you & your music...there's not a whole lot of musicians that even know how to market music...but in todays world you do have Youtube & Facebook outlets as a good networking tool available to you...

Yup, but in order to get noticed by them you need to have some skill...

Everyone has access to those so it's all in how you choose to utilize them in a unique way that gets you remembered.

-Jonathan

Yup, but in order to get noticed by them you need to have some skill...

Everyone has access to those so it's all in how you choose to utilize them in a unique way that gets you remembered.

-Jonathan

Great point Jonathan regarding "Getting noticed"...back in the 70's & 80's every record company had an A&R dept that was the 1st step in the ladder to listen to 1,000's of demo's & we would re-send every 6 months until we received rejection letter & around the 3rd time we would paint the envelope in green & orange florescent colors...to be noticed..

https://leemangano.wix.com/leemangano

My greatest weakness is a rudiment that I practice almost everyday but just cannot get perfect at. It is like LLR LLR LLR LLR
L= left hand
R= right hand

I just cannot get my left hand moving that fast as compared to my right hand.
I have written about some more techniques to speed up your drumming speed in my blog

http://themusicco.blogspot.in

but this above rudiment is the last and most difficult one that I am trying till date.

there is no easy answer when having issues with left hand other than simply working from scratch with a metronome & start slow & build it up every day until where you want it !

My biggest weakness is that I go overboard. My friend will start with some random guitar riff and I'll start of going to it then it'll gradually get faster and I start going nuts

My biggest weakness is that I prefer to do things I'm good at over things I'm not so good at. Consequently, the fact that I am a better drummer than bass player works against me when it comes time to practice the bass. But I'm a better bass player than guitar player so when it comes time to practice the guitar...

You can see what I'm getting at.

Whenever I am playing an ostinato with my left foot I find that I have difficulty maintaining quality notes with my kick - often producing very lazy sounding kick hits. I know it is because my attention is separated between my two feet and I am improving - but it is my greatest weakness. That and cryptonite of course.

MM

1) I speed up on more than "every so often" occasions (not always my fault though :p)

2) I am sloppy with being the same (in one chorus, I might hit a cymbal on the 2nd line, but the next chorus I won't)

3) I rarely use toms in fills (because I'm not good enough, despite playing for 15 years with a 5 year gap, which ended about 6 months ago).

4) I set the hi-hat so I can lift my foot off completely and it's still touching (because I am lazy so when I am rocking, then I don't need to worry what position my foot is in).

1) I speed up on more than "every so often" occasions (not always my fault though :p)

2) I am sloppy with being the same (in one chorus, I might hit a cymbal on the 2nd line, but the next chorus I won't)

3) I rarely use toms in fills (because I'm not good enough, despite playing for 15 years with a 5 year gap, which ended about 6 months ago).

4) I set the hi-hat so I can lift my foot off completely and it's still touching (because I am lazy so when I am rocking, then I don't need to worry what position my foot is in).

There is nothing wrong with the old saying "Take 1 step at a Time" and starting fresh, just do it with a plan...

1) get a metronome & use it religiously even on pad every day...
2) Buy AC/DC 'Back in Black"...start with song 1 and move on when you feel good
3) follow steps 1 & 2 and post again in 4-8 weeks ....

Have a "Great" Day !
Lee
http://drumschoolproducts.com

I'm pretty good with most of the rudiments, Time keeping, and I'm getting better at double pedals. When i start playing drums I went straight to the rudiments, so I didn't get much chances to practise my single stroke, this can be my greatest weakness

Hi all...This can fun .... let's change it up to :

"Post Your Greatest Throw Back Weakness"

Remember what your biggest vice was in the way of success 10 to 20 yrs ago ??? OH...I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot of "old girlfriend...wife...this girl in college...my ex" ...lol...

My biggest throwback weakness was, and still is...my brain.

My Greatest TB "Weakness" was ... lucky me, my weakness happened to also be my Greatest "Strength"... woman were close 2nd ...

I was never a natural at drumming, so from the very beginning right till today I have to practice to be good, that was my drive

Back