Looking for a new kit - Advice?!

Jonkuz

Hi guys,

I'm moving to university in September and will be moving into halls. Two problems with my acoustic kit: 1:mad:. Too loud 2. Too big!!
It looks like a good time to upgrade!

I really want an electric kit that will be good enough for me to use live - I'm mainly a pit drummer and the majority of shows would prefer an electric kit that they can just plug into the mix and EQ!

I'm not so fussed on size as prettty much any electric kit is smaller than an acoustic. Ideally I want bass, 4 toms (mesh if possible), snare, HH, crash, ride and fx cymbal (splash or china). Also the controller would need to have music input and a good selection of kits...
I've probably got about £1500 to play with (possibly more if I can get a grant off the arts council.)

Any advice?

Thanks, jonkuz

I've got a Roland TD-12, great kit, but it only comes with three toms. If I were you, I would go with Roland, they are great quality. They come standard with three toms but another one can easily be added on.

I've got a Roland TD-12, great kit, but it only comes with three toms. If I were you, I would go with Roland, they are great quality. They come standard with three toms but another one can easily be added on.

+1 on that recommendation. If a TD-12 is in your budget range, go for it.

Back