Serious lag with slave pedal when setting it an angle

Barrett

Hey everybody I am new to this forum. I have seen alot of posts already about slave pedal lag. It seems to me that a certain amount of lag is inevitable since the slave pedal has to force it's movement through the u-joints rather than directly like the master pedal does.

However, the problem I have is different. When I angle my slave pedal, there is a serious loss in spring. Oddly enough, if I position the slave pedal completely straight and parallel to the master pedal, there is no noticeable lag and the two beaters bounce almost uniformly. It has forced me to position the master and slave pedal completely parallel to each other (which as you might imagine is really cumbersome and changes the feel and position of the rest of the kit, mainly putting the hi-hat stand about a mile away). More often than not though I just end up playing with a single pedal.

I have a Pearl 900 so I know most of you will probably just tell me to get a more expensive and better designed pedal. I'm just wondering if there is something missing or if there is some adjustment I can make. It seems that there is some kind of design flaw.

Yeah I had already viewed that article.

As I stated in the beginning I acknowledge that there is a certain amount of lag that is unavoidable with the slave pedal simply because it has to transfer movement through u-joints.

I'm talking about the extra lag that comes with angling the slave pedal.. as mentioned.

Back