My Pacific 805, Updated..

beany_22

Hey, so i posted my kit about this time last year when i first got it, it lasted me through last year so i thought id post a few pics with some changes that have been made.

Specs:

Pacific 805 birch drums.

Bass - 20" x 18" - Emad
Tom - 12' x 8" - Coated EC2's and Clear G1's
Floor Tom - 14" x 12" - Coated EC2 and Clear G1
Floor Tom - 16" x 12" - Coated EC2 and Clear G1
Snare - 13" x 7" - Emperor X and Ambassador snare
Sonar Jungle Snare - 10" x 2" - Coated Ambassador

13" AAX Stage Hats
20" AAX Stage Ride
19" AAX Stage Crash
20" AAX China
18" A Custom Projection Crash
6" Zil-Bell

Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide double pedal.

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg
<br>

Thanks for looking, what do people think?

Nice kit mate!
I have exactly the same one!, although for my primary snare I have a Dennis Chambers Maple 14x6,5.
I use the 13" snare on my left with a very high pich tune.
Abouy the Ec2 coated...... don´t they sound a bit too plastiky coated????, I had to change them all as I didn´t like the sound.
Now I have also Ec2 buy clear..... much much better!
Cheers from Spain.

thanks for all the comments...I appreciate them a lot

Spanish..i definately know what you talking about... i put the EC2's on when i first got the kit...then tried some clear g2's but wasn't too keen on them..so i just stuck the EC2's back on...they do sound nice when mic'd up though.

i was planning on going for some coated G2's next time... but ill look into the clear EC2'S.

one of most unique kits i have seen on the forum, very nice, very nice indeed...

Some guys like the "blackout" look but you take the opposite look. I dig it, except 6 lugs on a snare freaks me out.

would you recommend this kit to someone who is looking to use if for live shows and just practicing at home? basically for a serious drummer who wants really good sound from his drums. how does it sound with aftermarket heads on?

do you ever roll over in your sleep and smoke your head on the side snare? haha

what do you use to polish those cymbals? they look brand new!

Thats exactly what i use it for, it gets lugged around with me to shows and practices and it does sound incredibly good!

Stock heads were poor, changed them straight away and they sound sweet now.

The 10x2 snare sounds good but is very poorly made by Sonor, the shell is badly warped and not cut properly at all, but i guess that doesn't matter too much if it gets a good sound. Its very poppy, gets a nice high crack out of it.

I might have cracked my head once or twice, they're no longer in that room anymore so i no longer have to worry about broozes in the morning.

I use a bathroom spray made by Tesco, it doesn't remove the logo's neither!

nice kit bro i have an 805 but in the bigger sizes and with checkered wrap. i reckon there a sick kit for there price. i love them. i was going to buy that white on white finish but got the checkered in a spur of the moment thing but their still pretty cool.
do u know how they sound recorded because im gonna be some recording soon just wondering if i should use them??

This Tesco bathroom spray you mentioned... how do you use it on your cymbals? Are there any other products similar that do the same thing? (ie. bathroom cleaners)

I can imagine most of them will be the same man.

I just sprayed a bit on a damp cloth and tested it out on one of them, didn't do any damage so all is well!

Back