Good Store to buy Yamaha Drums?

Drumwiz

I'm looking to order some new Yammies, Absolute Maple but I'm wondering if there are any known stores that won't rip you off and have good service for ordering? I've tried a few but they are slow and unresponsive when asking for quotes, and I'm not sure the prices were the best.

I live on the West Coast but am willing to order from anywhere in the US. Thanks.

Is Don still at Gleb music down in Redwood city?

He's pretty awesome.

I haven't lived in San Francisco in a long time, numerous places and have come and gone since then.

I've bought a lot of stuff from Drum Center of Portsmouth, including a 13" Yamaha Recording Custom tom. They are great and have great prices. I drove 300 miles there a couple of years ago and they spent a ton of time with me. Since then, they've shipped me a bunch of things with no problems.

It would be worth having a discussion with any Yamaha dealer before pursuing the maple customs. As detailed in other threads on here Yamaha's OEM drum manufacturer (Sakae) is going it alone in future and all the Japanese manufacturing will be going to a dedicated Yamaha-owned plant in China.

This almost certainly will make no difference to Yamaha's quality, they've always owned the air-seal process and tooling, but it does mean the end of most of the current high end series, to be replaced by Live customs and probably others.

I'd hang on a bit to see what Yamaha high end series will exist in the future and what options you have.

As I understand it, the cut off date for ordering anything from the current ranges is 28th June. This includes add on drums, and orders won't be accepted after that point.

As I understand it, the cut off date for ordering anything from the current ranges is 28th June. This includes add on drums, and orders won't be accepted after that point.

Yup, if you really want a new set of Absolutes, you'd better make your mind up and order quickly or you'll be out of luck. Make sure you order every size drum you may want because it sounds like they're not continuing any of their current product lines in China.

Back