Pics of my Tama SCs.

Mathew 7:21

Im new here, Ive been playing drums for 30 years and this is my 3rd Tama kit and my second SC. Performer. I grew up in the 80s so Im still a little addicted to birch. Believe it or not out of all the dum sets Ive owned this is the first that is not a wrap. 18x24,9x12,16x16, Clear Emps. over clear Ambs.

Attachments

• drums 003.jpg
    drums 003.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 929
  • drums 004.jpg
    drums 004.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 893
  • drums 008.jpg
    drums 008.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 913
  • drums 006.jpg
    drums 006.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 881
Nice set/ setup! and welcome to the forums. How do those heads sound? I'm thinking about putting some coated Emperors on, along with clear ambassadors on the reso side.

Nice set/ setup! and welcome to the forums. How do those heads sound? I'm thinking about putting some coated Emperors on, along with clear ambassadors on the reso side.

Ive tried so many different heads combos, the other day was the first time I put coated Amb. over my clear Amb. and wow it sounded so much different than my clear Emps. it gave it alot more of that big band drum sound.....more open and round which is cool but not for everyday use. I still go back to clear Emps. over clear Amb. you get that fat wet sound with still some ring to it. Yeah bro. try coated Emps. they will give you a little more warmth.

Looks beastly, that green looks fantastic. Can't say that I've ever seen a green SC.

Its called Emerald Sea Fade Im just getting used to it myself, all my other kits were wraps .......looking at this is like looking at a pretty piece of furniture! Kinda strange but cool!!

Welcome to the Forum...you will like it here. The kit color is amazing and the set up is sweet. Thanks for sharing. See ya in the forums.

Jim

Like the others have already said, the color is fantastic!

I'm also a big Tama Starclassic fan. I've got a maple kit and some maple and birch snare drums.

Regarding the birch Performers, since Tama introduced the new birch/bubinga blend, the birch-only drums are selling rather inexpensively as the retailers try to move 'em out.

Wow, great finish on those things! And that setup looks really fun to play too. What cymbals are you running on those?

Thanks for all the kind words. I was just up to the drum shop that I deal with and asked about getting an add on drum and there going to check into it for me. They said they were'nt sure if I would be able to get add ons, Im thinking a 14x14 floor. Ive never been a big fan of the 16x18 floor tom.

Awesome drum set and welcome to the forums. Nice choices in cymbals, I'm a paiste man as well. I think this kit is just about begging for some nice 2oo2 sound edges. Am i right or am i right??

Awesome drum set and welcome to the forums. Nice choices in cymbals, I'm a paiste man as well. I think this kit is just about begging for some nice 2oo2 sound edges. Am i right or am i right??

Thats funny you say that cause new hats are next on my list!!

Can't say that I've ever seen a green SC.

Say it ain't so! Of course, this was used in the St. Anger sessions so you may have missed it. But it was also used on that tour...

Attachments

• LarsUlrich_ma_800.jpg
    LarsUlrich_ma_800.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,284
Back