My first gig

GrittyGroover

Yesterday I played my first gig with this band I have been working with. I was feeling nervous until the first song and then I realized why am I worrying I have been practicing for weeks now for it. I didn't really mess up, but by the last song my feet felt like they were numb or something and I couldn't feel my kick pedal haha. I had to look down at my foot to make sure I was doing it. I am just curious to see if that has happened to anyone else here on the forum before.

Yesterday I played my first gig with this band I have been working with. I was feeling nervous until the first song and then I realized why am I worrying I have been practicing for weeks now for it. I didn't really mess up, but by the last song my feet felt like they were numb or something and I couldn't feel my kick pedal haha. I had to look down at my foot to make sure I was doing it. I am just curious to see if that has happened to anyone else here on the forum before.

Sometimes I get a similar problem with my right arm. It just kind of falls asleep/goes numb when I play on my ride a lot. It's been doing it a lot lately. I've also been going straight to my kit when I get out of bed lately, and I sleep on that arm a lot, so I'm guessing it has to do with that. It doesn't do it when I play later in the day.

If its a foot problem the seat edge is cutting off the flow of blood. Try standing up and stretching every few songs or maybe lowering the seat. For the ride hand issue try raising/lowering the ride and experiment

Maybe you guys are just getting so caught up in the intensity of the gig!!! Try to tone down the passion a bit?

Joking!

You can always check out some nice new fancy thrones too, if you don't already have one. Theres a lot of really cool ones out there

If its a foot problem the seat edge is cutting off the flow of blood. Try standing up and stretching every few songs or maybe lowering the seat. For the ride hand issue try raising/lowering the ride and experiment

Yeah I think I will start doing that for now on, Thank you!

Back