Get off your drummer's throne and

DW-Doug

Yeah, I've had enough.

Ok, the original post was something like get off your throne and post something. I thought guys weren't participating too much, but hey, what do I know. I'm blending back into the crowd now.

I did just notice a nice google ad with lots of girls in bikinis, so I guess this thread wasn't a total loss... I don't know where the ad goes. lol

Last edited:
I don't know, I'm not one for endless chatter if one doesn't have something interesting to say.

Posting for the sake of posting seems pointless.

I've been accessing this forum for a long time, years before my join date indicates. It seems noticeably less active now than in years past. I wonder if this is my perception or if it's truly quieter here. At the bottom of the main page, it says "most users ever online" was in February of this year, so it's still getting traffic, but the activity still seems slower to me. I would guess it's because discussion forums like this were designed for desktop computers, so they don't work very well on mobile devices. Since such a large segment of the population has shifted to mobile, it would not surprise me if this were the main cause of the slowdown.

Last edited:
The forum, like everything... goes through cycles. Sometimes the threads are very run of the mill. Other times a topic comes up that gets a lot of interest. Nothing is great all the time. The same "what should I get" gear threads get old after a while, but they're still OK. I like the threads where a musical or personal situation is being discussed. I like the community here. The topics are secondary to the people.

I'm saying nothing, me.

:)

So you're looking for someone else to write something vibrant when you could just as well do it yourself. Just sayin.

What a bunch of whiny a$$ b*tches. LOL. I'm joking, but guys, my heart was in the right place.

I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but I wonder about your head. It generally isn't a good idea to insult (even in a joking way) people you think you may want to be friends with, until they know you very well.

There are a billion threads here and many of us have been here long enough that we've seen it all. It's up to the fresh meat to bring up the same topics and we'll usually get frustrated that our lives are so boring and give a sarcastic/passive agressive reply.

Larry will come up with a funny thread every few days.. I don't think he ever stops thinking about drums or getting hung up on some new angle lol.

Bo will write war and peace about a shitty old pedal from the 60's he found down a drain.

Then there are the noobies that should probably get a teacher instead of torturing us and eating up a whole lot of misinformation.

And the brand idiots that go around +1 their brand and -1 other brands (they're probably crap drummers).

And the guys that write big whinge threads about some unfair band situation but you can tell from the way they write that they're dicks.

The rest of us just want you to congratulate us on the thing we just bought.

Welcome to Drummerworld. Ps everyone here hates dw.

Last edited:
Bo will write war and peace about a shitty old pedal from the 60's he found down a drain.

Down a drain. Priceless. Great post Dre. This line is pure gold.

There are a billion threads here and many of us have been here long enough that we've seen it all. It's up to the fresh meat to bring up the same topics and we'll usually get frustrated that our lives are so boring and give a sarcastic/passive agressive reply.

Larry will come up with a funny thread every few days.. I don't think he ever stops thinking about drums or getting hung up on some new angle lol.

Then there are the noobies that should probably get a teacher instead of torturing us and eating up a whole lot of misinformation.

And the brand idiots that go around +1 their brand and -1 other brands (they're probably crap drummers).

And the guys that write big whinge threads about some unfair band situation but you can tell from the way they write that they're dicks.

This post. FTW. ...............

Oh, I also have an Ax handle in my truck now that I cleaned out of my folks utility cabinet. Neither of them were ever ax murders though, they just kept a spare handle just in case...

Soooooo.....is that it? That's the drum-related story to share?

A vibrant exchange takes a catalyst and sharing. Stir the pot, or watch it boil, agree or disagree.

Lurking is fine. But one can't just sit back and watch but at the same time complain what it isn't.

Do you have any "In Real Life" friends, because you sound like the dick here.

BTW, I don't want to piss you off too much, so congrats on whatever you recently purchased.

Well, you succeeded, one less DW poster to contend with, and calling me a dick, I do not appreciate Mitch. I'll do this the right way and report your post.

Good day.

Whether I have real life friends, is none of your business Mitch.

Well, you succeeded, one less DW poster to contend with, and calling me a dick, I do not appreciate Mitch. I'll do this the right way and report your post.

Good day.

He was talking to Dre, defending you...

You're the one who started the off-color joking anyway. Sheesh.

He was talking to Dre, defending you...

You're the one who started the off-color joking anyway. Sheesh.

Thanks for the assist!!

See, who says things around here don't get interesting! :)

Back