any thing better than Craigs List

does anyone know any other good web sites to find a local people to jam with?

Networking with ohter musicians. Go to music stores and talk with people there. Contact gutar teachers and ask about their students. Go to clubs, if you're old enough, and talk to the musicians playing and ask them about other musicians they know that are looking to play. This all takes more time and effort then the internet, but it's a lot more rewarding.

Great suggestions from donv....I am really beginning to dislike Craigslist in my area. Bandmix has been the same stuff for almost a year. I am finally networking with my concert band and the local music stores. At least I get to talk to other musicians face to face and have met some very cool folks.

Musicians contact service.

It's a pay site, but the ads tend to be much more serious since it they paid to be on there.

If you really want to find people to play with, go out and see shows and meet other musicians. That way, you not only know the caliber of musician you're dealing with before you meet up, but you also make the important face-to-face contact with them, which is pretty uncommon when dealing with all of the flakey musicians on craigslist, where 9 times out of 10 (it seems) you'll be severely disappointed...

Back