Check this out, severing the corpus callosum

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Here's a 10 minute video of a man who got his corpus callosum surgically severed to stop his epilectic seizures. I didn't know a person could survive that. The end result is pretty interesting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGwsAdS9Dc

I wonder what the implications would be for drummers. Easier independence?

I find it curious that the man is largely unaffected by this.

If I got mine severed, I could probably play one song with one side and another song with another side.
Since sight has really nothing to do with listening or really even playing to music, I'd love to see studies done that tests musical ability. Nothing was said that indicated any problem with reading skills, so reading music I would think would be unaffected as well. I'd love to see a good musician get this done and compare before abilities with after abilities.

Hard to believe the brain can function pretty well without it.

Hard to believe the brain can function pretty well without it.
It's beyond my thinking actually, but like anyone's going to undergo that surgery unless you absolutely have to Lar!!!!!! F(*&^K that! I've been through enough carving up to know it's not something you do. I mean, having your brain chopped in half - really?

We'll test it out this weekend Larry. Get that butchers block out & selection of pointy sharp things. You're first up Lar - I'll record the results (yes, I've had wine ;)

Are you in the States yet?

Back