Conversion of Tom Bracket

RambleOn

After sound advice, I have finally decided to purchase 1 Pearl ADP-20 Adapter and 1 ADP-30 Adapter (just in case I decide to incorporate another tom later on). I plan on attaching them to my ride stand and crash/ride stand, respectively. Unfortunately, I have ran into another dilemma. After deciding on the adapters, I began looking for two arms to mount the toms. Being that I own a rather old pearl set, my tom brackets are 3/4'' in diameter. To my knowledge, Pearl does not sell any arms in that size. I am aware that Gibraltar sells some in that size, but I am not interested due to their lack of easy mobility. With that said, how should I go about converting my current 3/4'' brackets into the current 7/8'' brackets? Someone suggested that I purchase either a Pearl Optimount or RIMS mount. Seemed like a good idea until I realized that, after installing, my toms initial bracket/hole will still be there. Thanks again for all the help. Ramble on.

Attachments

• tom tom.jpg
    tom tom.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 263
AFAIK, a current Pearl or even cheapo knockoff imitation Pearl should replace that mount with no drilling required.

Inexpensive Asian-made drums still use this style of tom mount. I've found them in the castoff parts bin at my local music store.

Here's just one place to buy them new:

http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_105_78&products_id=2505

You will get a long parade of answers suggesting you go with a fancy mount like the ones you already named, but the kind you have work just fine, and as you are already aware, they won't leave you with gaping holes in your drum shell.

AFAIK, a current Pearl or even cheapo knockoff imitation Pearl should replace that mount with no drilling required.

Inexpensive Asian-made drums still use this style of tom mount. I've found them in the castoff parts bin at my local music store.

Here's just one place to buy them new:

http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_105_78&products_id=2505

You will get a long parade of answers suggesting you go with a fancy mount like the ones you already named, but the kind you have work just fine, and as you are already aware, they won't leave you with gaping holes in your drum shell.

Will replacing my current 3/4 mount bracket with the 7/8 affect the sound? Will it be alright to cover a 3/4 inch hole with a 7/8 inch bracket? I measured my 3/4 bracket and it is wider than the 7/8. Thanks

Back